Records that won't fit your spindle?

i also have this problem with some records. one of those is "regaining unconsciousness" by NOFX. i bought three or four copies at a time and they all have this problem.

Mine too. Tried to play it the other night for the first time. The center hole looks like a volcano now.

you've doubled it? i wouldn't have. anyway there's plenty of that record everywhere, so you can get another one relly cheap anytime.

the fact that you've got this problem too, makes me think the pressing of RU was really fucked up, tho.

Mine too. Tried to play it the other night for the first time. The center hole looks like a volcano now.

you've doubled it? i wouldn't have. anyway there's plenty of that record everywhere, so you can get another one relly cheap anytime.

the fact that you've got this problem too, makes me think the pressing of RU was really fucked up, tho.

I have a handful of records from FAT that have this problem, so it must be their pressing plant.

I have one record (not a FAT release) that is so tight that it won't lay flat on the turntable, it plays all wobbly, which I probably shouldn't do anymore

I have a handful of records from FAT that have this problem, so it must be their pressing plant.

I have one record (not a FAT release) that is so tight that it won't lay flat on the turntable, it plays all wobbly, which I probably shouldn't do anymore

no, i have that problem only with regaining uncosciousness. i quite hate it :D

Guest genericinsight

I just tried to play the End Of A Year LP I had bought a month ago (forgot I didn't play it yet) last night and sure enough, won't fit on the spindle. Looked and yeah, too much excess vinyl in the hole. I want to try and see if I can cut some of it out but I'm afraid I'll fuck it up, my hand is far from steady. I may use the closed scissors option that someone suggested earlier in this thread though.

The hole and the sticker in my copy of The PMRC Can Suck On This is so off center. And the sticker is over the grooves.

I also bought a Special Duties record like 7 years ago, with no hole at all.

That actually sounds kinda cool - do you have a pic of the PMRC?

no camera, tried with my phone, but with the black label on the black wax...it just doesn't come out

Guest genericinsight
I take a pair of closed scissors, put them into the hole gently, and lightly turn. I like to think it affects the hole evenly that way. It takes very little turning to fix the problem

hey I just wanted to say thanks for sharing this. I tried this on my End of a Year LP I mentioned earlier tonight and it worked, record fits perfectly on my spindle. you get a +1 for helping someone with your suggestions.