how long does it take to put together an Expedit?

Guest kevinb

Also how hard is it to take it apart?

I want to get one but i've heard it is an absolute pain in the ass

and I want to take it with me when I move

One thing I did that made my whole expedit really solid was buy some backing board at my local hardware store and nailed it with little nails to the back. My expedite isn't entirely butted against a wall so it gives the added strength needed. I've seen pictures of them collapsed. With the backing board, it's less of a concern.

it seems like it shouldnt be to hard to take apart and put back together. its like 4 screws and the rest is put together with wood dowels(sp). well mine is a 2x4. the worst part about putting these together with my experience is pushing shit together with my palms. i was banging the shit out of the sides to get the dowels pushed in.

it seems like it shouldnt be to hard to take apart and put back together. its like 4 screws and the rest is put together with wood dowels(sp). well mine is a 2x4. the worst part about putting these together with my experience is pushing shit together with my palms. i was banging the shit out of the sides to get the dowels pushed in.

I tap them in with a hammer, it speeds things along quite a bit

yeah i was all paranoid and shit. you use like a rubber mallet or something? i didnt want to fuck the sides all up.

yeah i was all paranoid and shit. you use like a rubber mallet or something? i didnt want to fuck the sides all up.

Started with a rubber mallet but a regular hammer was quicker and easier. Fuck up the sides? You must be a wild man with the hammer!

Started with a rubber mallet but a regular hammer was quicker and easier. Fuck up the sides? You must be a wild man with the hammer!

i look more manly with the palms and it drives the ladys nuts.

Only a "flat screen". Definitely take this one apart if you're going to move it. I had two guys help us the first time we moved and they scratched it on the bottom and a little on the front when they brought it down two flights of stairs. I took it apart in the truck when we got to our new place (2nd floor) and again when I left that place. This time I turned the outside hollow pieces around so the scratches are in the back. A little harder to build when you've removed the labels, but not too bad. I got the instructions off Ikea's website.

Is it easy to take apart and put back together though ?
the only problem with taking most furniture apart and putting back together is there is usually more play to it because the screws/nails etc were in tight and when removed there is more space in the provided holes. I have never had great luck putting furniture back together once disassembled.