FEST 8

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no.

hot girls do not dig fest.

Just bearded smelly dudes and lots of them.

you guys are lying!!!!!!!!!

the fest is a 15 min walk from University of Flordia...walking around on Fri and Sat night you will see a shit ton of babes walking by the bar/shows headed to clubs.

if you want you can hit on the as they walk by and call you dirty. that's what i did last year!

• 2 months later...
It also depends on how many No Idea albums you already own. If you have everything you'd ever want and don't go to the No Idea yard sale on Saturday, then you can get by with probably under $200. If you're going to the yard sale, though... Well, save your pennies.

The yard sale is on my list of things to do this year. That and go to at least one house/warehouse show. Still haven't done either one, and this'll be my fourth Fest.

$$$ Question:

How much money do y'all spend during Fest?

I want to gauge how much I should be putting aside - an estimate from non-Fest-virgins would help.

Thanks!

Last year I stayed in a hotel room alone, took a bus there, and bought a shitty bike for the weekend. I had maybe two beers the whole time, ate nothing but Five Star Pizza and bought exactly one piece of merch, and I spent about 300 bucks.

Try to find someone to share a room with or even find a house/apartment to crash in; that'll dramatically cut your biggest expense (provided you're not flying there).

Guest genericinsight

For the last two years, I've managed to do the Fest pretty cheaply. I kind of tend to sacrifice buying a lot of merch but somehow I always end up getting free stuff too. Most of my money goes towards food and water.

Not drinking definitely saves me money!

Including transportation from and to the Jacksonville airport, food, drinks, and merch, I spent about $200. I walked everywhere, though. If you stay at the Paramount like I did, you probably will want to rent a bike, because walking that much sucked a lot after all was said and done.

i did it with $130. $30 was spent in the bars awaiting planes and the people i was with. Then the other $100 came the day after. I got lucky and was able to get away only spending $100. I won't do that again this time. I'm going all out and saving this time around.. unless i buy another guitar.