Fucking Hospitals

Okay, so for the third day in a row i find myself in ER for my dad. Today we find out he has blood clots in both lungs, can definitely be taken care of, but still extremely serious.

I called his primary care doctor and said he was basically coughing up blood and could i get an appointment and was told i could see his nurse practioner tommorrow. excuse me? but isn't coughing blood up not a good fucking sign?

hospitals fucking creep me out man.

and why does the vending machine selection suck so bad?

Hospitals seem real shady to me, too. Everyone seems to be hiding information at all times, and everyone is real choosey with what they tell you. My grandma was just in the hospital and then in rehab for 3ish weeks and I got bad vibes everywhere when I visited.

Good luck with your dad though, for sure. As shady as doctors seem, though, at least they get shit done.

hospitals / ER never really cut it for me, i mean i seem to be there frequintly, due to my job / kids i work with. but, i find that they kind of don't take shit seriously, "hi, "X" has been vomiting all day with a fever of 103.4, we're worried." yeah, well, sit here for 20 minutes and then we'll take his info and 10 minutes later we might examine him. however, when we do put him in a room, prepare to wait at least 30 minutes, even though he is destroying the entire room and our expensive computer equipment,

fuck the hospital.

Heh, once when my mom was having surgery (I'm a nervous coffee drinker) I was drinking some coffee. I totally had no idea how much as I wasn't really paying attention. The nurse actually locked the pot (it was in a cabinet, hard to describe) then scowled at me, but seriously? I'm waiting on a surgery, not sitting all night at Denny's on the endless cup.

You and your dad are in my prayers, friend.

even though you didn't put me in your "awesome sellers/traders/buyers" post where you listed like 409234 people and not me, these sentiments can be echoed as far as i'm concerned.

hope everything turns out right, dude.

fixed it brother, i've dealt with so many dudes here its hard to keep track, you're a solid dude all around.

hes pretty stable right now, they've got him on heparin and are running a bunch of tests on his heart and his lungs. they can't give him the "clot busting" drugs because of how big he is. but the sharp pains he was getting have become less and less. he said monday it was a super heavyweight jabbing him in the ribs about 20 times.

thanks for your thoughts, you guys are good dudes.

Coumadin?

they're talking about him taking coumadin the rest of his life.

what happened was he had shoulder surgery and sat down for a week straight and the clots in his leg that were contained by moving moved around when he was sitting.

Hes gonna be in ICU for a while for observation and everthing.

Good to know he's stable now... i really hope for the best with him. I know how taking care of your parensts goes. I've had to deal with my mom having sciatica and what not... I'm glad she's in a nursing home now getting some therapy. While it sounds awful for me to say, if you knew the shit she was going through at home with my sisters, her nieces, and my deadbeat brother (who finally went to prison (there is a god) you'd totally understand. I call it R&R for her.. lol

Seriously i hope your dad gets better.

Hope all goes well for your dad, Alan.

As for hospitals and doctors...after the oh-so-wonderful experience w/ my brother and him going to the ER multiple times and that adventure, it has been cemented in my mind that it's nothing but a business. They don't really care about people's well-being...they're more concerned about how much money can be taken and squeezed out.

Hope all goes well for your dad, Alan.

As for hospitals and doctors...after the oh-so-wonderful experience w/ my brother and him going to the ER multiple times and that adventure, it has been cemented in my mind that it's nothing but a business. They don't really care about people's well-being...they're more concerned about how much money can be taken and squeezed out.

i'm gonna have to agree with you on that juan...went i went to the ER.. the doctor was basically have a conversation with another doctor about some random shit about the weekend while i was being looked it.. he spent not more than 5 minutes with me and it cost me $420. I don't even think the guy said "hi"... I'm glad i don't visit the doctor much. And when i do it's at home with the family physician, who's basically family....

I hate hospitals, man. They give me panic attacks, what with their smell of formaldehyde and death and nurses with needles who want to steal my blood but can't find a vein, which is odd because I'm so thin that I have veins that heroin addicts would kill for, they stick out so much.

I haven't seen a doctor for myself in twelve years.