how are you supposed to deal with a broken heart?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I texted her asking her to call me so I can figure out when she's getting her shit out of here and she responded with "nich, I can't talk to you on the phone right now it would hurt to much. let me know a day when you won't be there and I'll come pick up my shit, I just can't see you. I'll break down"

after reading that I was just pissed. I know its unfair but I'm just so angry that shes acting hurt. This is all her doing, she crushed me how the fuck can she act like this is killing her?

Ok, I've sat out of this for a bit, but this shit just made my blood boil and struck me with a chord that I am familiar with:

The girl I dated in High School and thought was going to be my soulmate started talking to me towards the end of college. I wanted to be with her again, and she wanted to be with me. She graduated in May, me in August. The plan was that I would move out to LA and things would be peachy. I told her at her graduation that I didn't think I would have the resources to move to LA, but I still wanted to be with her if she would just wait. She then goes on this tangent of how I was being selfish and that the relationship was all about me and I hurt her so bad, she goes to Thailand for 2 months, doesn't contact me at all and gets back to LA and I tell her that I will move to LA, do whatever it takes to be with her because I love her that much, and she says no. Says I "hurt her too much" and then starts dating this toolbag who she was talking to the entire time I was there for her graduation via text messages and he wouldn't even come to her party because of me. She still gives me the, "I still love you, but I need to see other people right now" which is wearing thin.

This is what she is/would be doing to you if she keeps on talking about how much it hurts her to see you upset even though she is the one making all the moves. You can't do anything about this but what everyone else is saying. I know you don't want to drink, but I would say a few if it gets unbearable aren't going to hurt you, but don't make a habit of drinking alone. And like Dan said, move her shit the fuck out. She says she can't see you, make it to where she doesn't have to. She is toying and she isn't being fair. I know you still want to have the second chance, I still somewhat do with my girl, but for you, it sounds like moving on and away is the best bet. My biggest fear about moving to LA is EXACTLY what you are going through right now. Moving to go somewhere for just a woman only to have your heart trampled. If you are in school and can transfer, find a place where you know people and take some classes, or pick up a trade or do something to get away, because stewing somewhere that you know no one and aren't happy isn't the answer. Staying active can only work for so long in a place where, as No Use For a Name would say, "Is full of Dumb Reminders."

sorry to bump this up again but she just came back for her stuff. There is still more here that's hers she needs to come back for. She hugged me a lot and kissed me a few times. I know people here are going to yell at me but when she hugged me for a moment it felt like I had her back, and then reality set back in and I felt hurt. While she was packing i just sat in my car drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes, and writing a song. This is rough and I hate it.

oh man. was it a "please take me back i'm an idiot i just realized it" kiss, or was it a "this is our last kiss, i want to have our last memory together be as good as it possibly can be" kiss?

I don't know. She kissed me a few times. And I said "I don't suppose if I told you not to go it would work would it" and she just cried. I think it was a goodbye kiss but she told me she still wanted me in her life.

oh no dude... YOU ASKED HER TO COME BACK!?!

stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong

don't give in.

she doesn't treat you right. you're only remembering the good times, of course, but there were bad times, too. she took you for granted, she didn't sacrafice ANYTHING to be with you, while you sacraficed EVERYTHING to be with her....

you don't miss HER, you miss the IDEA of her. you miss what you used to be, not what you became.

STAY STRONG!

oh no dude... YOU ASKED HER TO COME BACK!?!

stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong stay strong

don't give in.

she doesn't treat you right. you're only remembering the good times, of course, but there were bad times, too. she took you for granted, she didn't sacrafice ANYTHING to be with you, while you sacraficed EVERYTHING to be with her....

you don't miss HER, you miss the IDEA of her. you miss what you used to be, not what you became.

STAY STRONG!

I'm really starting to understand that. I said what I said in a moment of weakness when she was showing affection for me. To be completely honest I'm overwhelmingly suprised I'm not more hurt by this.

i'm done wasting my time giving advice, get back with her, see what happens, and start a new thread saying how much you should have listened to every single person who contributed to this thread and trying to help you

Dude, really I do appreciate the dickish words. I'm not being sarcastic, I know sometimes you have to be an asshole to get through to someone. I made a mistake when my emotions were running wild. I know it was dumb and I know I just have to move past this, without her. Believe me I'm taking everyones advice. I had a few weak moments but it's hard to stay strong when your heart is so raw.

i'm done wasting my time giving advice, get back with her, see what happens, and start a new thread saying how much you should have listened to every single person who contributed to this thread and trying to help you

Dude, really I do appreciate the dickish words. I'm not being sarcastic, I know sometimes you have to be an asshole to get through to someone. I made a mistake when my emotions were running wild. I know it was dumb and I know I just have to move past this, without her. Believe me I'm taking everyones advice. I had a few weak moments but it's hard to stay strong when your heart is so raw.

You're totally right, that's why you work hard to keep your distant. Its cold, sure but its the only thing I've found that works.

You're totally right, that's why you work hard to keep your distant. Its cold, sure but its the only thing I've found that works.

I did but when she told me she was done and I could come back she was still here.

Consider me entirely confused on how that thread is on there.

Someone as a joke copy and pasted the stuff you said on VLV thinking that everyone over there was as big a dick as he was. As it turns out, they weren't dicks for the most part, and the ones that were dicks weren't really clever or funny at all, so it turned out to be a huge fail. Why dead format thought it was so funny is beyond me.

It's really just like in the Dark Knight when the Joker tries to make the people blow each other up on the boats and they don't and Batman like, not everyone else is like you.

Consider me entirely confused on how that thread is on there.

Someone as a joke copy and pasted the stuff you said on VLV thinking that everyone over there was as big a dick as he was. As it turns out, they weren't dicks for the most part, and the ones that were dicks weren't really clever or funny at all, so it turned out to be a huge fail. Why dead format thought it was so funny is beyond me.

It's really just like in the Dark Knight when the Joker tries to make the people blow each other up on the boats and they don't and Batman like, not everyone else is like you.

cool, I'm glad someone thought it would be awesome to make a joke out of me. This is why I decided to post here instead of anywhere else.

Oh and +1 for the batman anology. Anyone that can squeeze batman into anything gets a high five from me.

EDIT: That was me on CAG, I'm a moron who didn't remember posting that the night I was drunk.

Oh, good to know.

The internets can be cruel. Hang in there, friend.

Thank you my friend. I'm not even going to read those comments because I know people on cag are dicks. That shit on VLV is not me, but I guess thats what I get for being broken up with the day before april fools.