I hate getting records in the mail

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less than jake came out at a time when i was sort of tired of hardcore kids but still loved hardcore and had always been a fan of stuff like the descendents and the selector etc. I love losing streak and had a few cds but i kinda got over that pre-hello rockview so i haven't heard anything else they have done. I just re-bought losing streak on cd and am going to start buying their records again i think. I need some light hearted fun every now and again.

I spend entirely too much time in record stores so if you are looking for stuff just hit me up and ill try and grab it for you.

dont really see the need for bubble wrap imo. if you are only sending a couple lps or something like that then i think just two peices of cardboard are good enough. i tried bubble wrap and i thought it was almost to much packing. the mailer didnt close to my liking. as long as the record is not moving you should be good.

Guest adam526

Just got my test press from VC from the Ebay auction. It's just a TP, so there's no jacket to hold onto it inside the box. I opened it up and there was no cardboard, nothing at all except my receipt and the loose record. The record was flying around in the box. Scary, but it plays fine.

I wouldn't mind, and I don't think many people on here would mind paying $2 more for shipping if we're guaranteed it will be packed the best it can be.

Just got my test press from VC from the Ebay auction. It's just a TP, so there's no jacket to hold onto it inside the box. I opened it up and there was no cardboard, nothing at all except my receipt and the loose record. The record was flying around in the box. Scary, but it plays fine.

I wouldn't mind, and I don't think many people on here would mind paying $2 more for shipping if we're guaranteed it will be packed the best it can be.

Tell me it was in a sleeve at least.

• 1 month later...

Just received another DAMAGED LP from Vinyl Collective. Is it so expensive/difficult to include measures to make sure the LPs arrive to customers with a little bit of insurance?

There was the NO card board at all only the LP and 7inch (loosely rattling about). Three strikes your out Vinyl Collective.

You are terrible at shipping product!

I got my Classics of Love vinyl last week and it had no slipcover and no cd as promised in the item description. And get this its warped!

I contacted them about it and they said they couldn't do anything about it...uh yeah how about giving me a quality product?

No I didn't buy insurance on a new 13 dollar record sorry but I have never had a problem and I have been ordering records for years.

Guest markovianprocess

I get into the habit of always ordering online. I've never had any problems with VC (this might be because they pack overseas orders better because they have further to go, not sure if there is any truth to that). I think the problem is not having enough good record stores in the surrounding area. There is honestly only one good record shop in Glasgow.

Guest markovianprocess
There is honestly only one good record shop in Glasgow.

which one is that? The one at Queens street station, a few steps up from the entrance?

Avalanche? Hell no. You'll want to go to Mono. It's behind the St. Enoch Centre and right next to the 13th Note. The record store inside Mono is mostly vinyl. Go to www.monorailmusic.com for opening hours.

Guest markovianprocess
yeah, I meant Avalanche. They didn´t had much vinyl the last time I was there.

I don´t know Mono yet, but I´ll make sure I´ll pay them a visit next time I´m in Scotland. Thanks!

No bother at all. Avalanche isn't so bad, it just bugs me that they pack the vinyl in so damn tight that you can't browse. Mono always have a nice selection of stuff and the staff are super nice and helpful. I'd definitely stop by. :)