Using stickers to seal records

Had this exact complaint about the Bob Dylan 7"! I had to open it up and listen though.

Did you get a lithograph with your 7"? I just noticed mine has a spot right on the crotch. >:(

I didn't get a lithograph with mine, but I would have loved if I did! That's a bummer that there is a spot on yours though. Did some stores not get the lithographs at all, or were they limited everywhere? I ended up sleeping pretty late, so I missed out on a bunch of good stuff at the store nearby.

Did you get a lithograph with your 7"? I just noticed mine has a spot right on the crotch. >:(

I didn't get a lithograph with mine, but I would have loved if I did! That's a bummer that there is a spot on yours though. Did some stores not get the lithographs at all, or were they limited everywhere? I ended up sleeping pretty late, so I missed out on a bunch of good stuff at the store nearby.

Not sure. The guy who rung me up didn't even know about it, it seemed. As I was leaving, another girl who worked there walked up to me and handed it to me.

It's a pretty nice picture. A very young Bob Dylan.

the alkaline trio picture discs for private eye and stupid kid did this too. so fucking lame. i bought 2 of those because i wanted one sealed and to be able to listen to one.

i feel you on this one.

The A3 pic discs I had also had stickers but the didn't rip when I opened them. That sucks

Using stickers to seal records...

... is a stupid idea. please don't do it.

Definitely annoying. The Steal / Beat Express split 7" is like this, but I managed to peel the sticker off and stick it on a side where it didn't get in the way.

yeah, i tried that but i noticed a tear so i just cut it down the middle. Gutted.

I also hate it when record stores put price tags directly on the record jacket or on the records label or both.

Fourthed.

fifthed. my store died that with my MC5 and Stooges 7"s. and not the little price stickers that come off easy, but one of the big impossible to get off without leaving a big thing of residue stickers. argg

the white stripes singles from icky thump were all sealed with stickers too..

Guest drahtuos

Fourthed.

fifthed. my store died that with my MC5 and Stooges 7"s. and not the little price stickers that come off easy, but one of the big impossible to get off without leaving a big thing of residue stickers. argg

the white stripes singles from icky thump were all sealed with stickers too..

same with the icky thump full length, i just cut the sticker where the opening is and i fold the edges of the sticker in.

Maybe this isn't sealing with sticker sticker related, but I got Isis - Wavering Radiant yesterday and there's this album sticker on the resealable outer sleeve. Fine. I usually like to use the same type of sleeve for all my records so it's all uniform, but it's a nice enough sleeve so I'll leave it be. But then, when opening it, I TEAR the corner of the plastic sleeve. Ughh... And now I'm sure that every time I open it I'll make the tear worse..

I also hate the price stickers on record jackets and the fact that some records are sealed with stickers.