"Vol_nteering In America:

All That's Missing Is U"

is the title of my 13 page paper i'm turning in at 12:30 pm today. it's worth 25% of my semester grade. we were assigned the paper 12 weeks ago. i started it sunday night. just finished. it's pretty awesome. i even faked a survey of 100 people and made up results. it's so believable.

i'm so glad i'm done, and this class is pretty much over for the semester now.

my senior year in high school my one good friend literally made up 90% of his references/sources for all his ap government papers he wrote. pretty sure he was such a good student the teacher didn't even bother checking them. and by good student, i mean he was valedictorian of my class.

Survey results are easy to fake, references/sources are not.

i used 9 real sources. and i didn't even have to use a survey/results, but in my final proposal to him that we had to turn in about 8 weeks ago, i said i was going to.

and yes, it's the lamest title of all time, he's going to love it.

i also included this picture on the front cover:

[image]

it's the cheesiest thing i've turned in all semester, and i'm in a class called "cooking with swiss and gouda."

Survey results are easy to fake, references/sources are not.

i used 9 real sources. and i didn't even have to use a survey/results, but in my final proposal to him that we had to turn in about 8 weeks ago, i said i was going to.

and yes, it's the lamest title of all time, he's going to love it.

i also included this picture on the front cover:

[image]

it's the cheesiest thing i've turned in all semester, and i'm in a class called "cooking with swiss and gouda."

+1 hahaha

i'm not trying to be "that guy", but i'm a really really good writer. the only reason i can pull off waiting til the last minute with a 12 page paper is because i'm good enough to pull it off.

i found some REALLY interesting statistics in the real research i did, too. i'd be surprised if i didn't get an A on it.

also, my paper is about why not enough people in America donate (either their time or money) to those in need. basically what it boiled down to for me was seeing kids in class who volunteer by raising their hand to answer a question being called "teacher's pet" and shit like that, and celebrities who do volunteer work (like bono, madonna, angelina jolie, etc.) getting ripped to shreds by the media and society in general, so everybody has this subconscious thought that volunteering is the right thing to do but when you actually do it bad things happen.

that, coupled with how selfish and lazy most people in this country are, leads to some of the lowest volunteer rates of any of the major civilized countries. things are getting better with Obama in office and telling everybody to volunteer, but we still have a long way to go.