Visitors to VC: Mike Hale and Ninja Gun

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Mike Hale and Ninja Gun (5-4-09) We just got done with a killer weekend with Mike and Ninja Gun. I have a bunch of videos going up this week from the show in Denver which includes brand new songs from Ninja Gun ("Time and a Half" is one of my new favorites). The guys also got to hang out with us all day Sunday where we barbecued, drank beer, and they watched us get creamed in our first regular season kickball game (we lost 13 to 1...but we drank about 100 more beers than the other team so I consider us the actual winners). I absolutely love Mike and all the folks in Ninja Gun and am so honored to have them both on Suburban Home. After this tour, Mike Hale, will be heading off to Europe to do shows with Austin Lucas and Josh Small. Ninja Gun will be touring with a band we all love in the VC/SH offices but I am not sure if we can announce it yet. Mike Hale just finished recording a split 7" with Mike Reed (of Small Brown Bike,Able Baker Fox) that we are hoping Second Nature might put out (if not, I will gladly put it out); the songs are great and will come out after Mike's split with Kevin Seconds. Speaking of busy, after Mike's tour of Europe, In the Red will be doing a 2 and a half week tour of the West , and then doing another Mike Hale tour.

The Mike Hale/Ninja Gun tour is still going strong and if it is coming to a town near you, make sure you make it out. And make sure you say hi to the guys. The tour has been going great with the exception of getting broken into and having a handful of things stolen in Canada and getting a $170 speeding ticket in Denver. Here are the remaining dates:

5/4/2009 Salt Lake City, UT @ Burt’s Tiki Lounge

5/6/2009 Seattle, WA @ El Corazon

5/7/2009 Portland, Or @ Satyricon

5/8/2009 San Fransisco, CA @ Thee Parkside

5/9/2009 Los Angelos, CA @ Blue Star

5/10/2009 San Diego, CA @ O’Connels

5/11/2009 Pheonix, AZ @ Modified Arts

5/13/2009 San Antonio, TX @ Rock Bottom

5/14/2009 Austin, TX @ Emo’s

5/15/2009 Houston, TX @ Walters on Washington

5/16/2009 Dallas, TX @ The Prophet Bar

hale in boston was so empty...i mean 5 people in the crowd tops!

i highly suggest going out to these shows and show some support

Yea the same in NJ it was like me my girl Mike Ninja Gun and some Local Asbury Band Ninja Gun knew I felt bad but at the same point I got to meet and hang with the guys all night. Ninja Gun Guys are alot of fun and we got down on some tweed and Mike is one of the nicest guys I ever met and just a really awesome guy to just sit and talk with. I know Virgil mentioned a couple project but something he told me which he dident mention (and I am tottally stoked on) is that he recorded another split 7inch with Chris Wollard but this time the Ship Theives are playing as a backing band for both of them FUCKIN AWESOME! Not sure when it will be out but it should be awesome

Guest Admin
hale in boston was so empty...i mean 5 people in the crowd tops!

i highly suggest going out to these shows and show some support

Yea the same in NJ it was like me my girl Mike Ninja Gun and some Local Asbury Band Ninja Gun knew I felt bad but at the same point I got to meet and hang with the guys all night. Ninja Gun Guys are alot of fun and we got down on some tweed and Mike is one of the nicest guys I ever met and just a really awesome guy to just sit and talk with. I know Virgil mentioned a couple project but something he told me which he dident mention (and I am tottally stoked on) is that he recorded another split 7inch with Chris Wollard but this time the Ship Theives are playing as a backing band for both of them FUCKIN AWESOME! Not sure when it will be out but it should be awesome

this is true. between mike and in the red, there are like 12 releases planned for the next year. totally nuts.

Guest Admin
I've never noticed the Office Space inspired banner at VC before. Nice!

we had our graphic designer at the time make it from what he could see on the movie and had a friend at kinkos make it on the slide. I think we paid him with a copy of old school on dvd for the banner.

since we made these, there have been lots of others made, but we still rock ours hard.

Guest Admin
look.

those wear vinyl collective hoodies.

did you gave clothing sponsor for them, virgil ?

:)

when our bands come to town, I always send them off with at least a few freebies.

this is true. between mike and in the red, there are like 12 releases planned for the next year. totally nuts.

Mike and Ninja Gun both mentioned they were hoping to play the anniversary weekend too (which would be killer) any idea on bands for this yet Virgil I know its early but me and the Lady are really pumped on it (shes looking foward to meeting you too!)

Guest Admin

Mike and Ninja Gun both mentioned they were hoping to play the anniversary weekend too (which would be killer) any idea on bands for this yet Virgil I know its early but me and the Lady are really pumped on it (shes looking foward to meeting you too!)

So far we have Joey Cape, Austin Lucas, Jon Snodgrass, Chad Price (maybe drag the river), Mike Hale, Ninja Gun, and Jr Juggernaut are all pretty solid

Tim Barry isn't sure yet, Josh Small is a strong maybe, The Takers are pretty sure, and I am working on a few other things

So far we have Joey Cape, Austin Lucas, Jon Snodgrass, Chad Price (maybe drag the river), Mike Hale, Ninja Gun, and Jr Juggernaut are all pretty solid

Tim Barry isn't sure yet, Josh Small is a strong maybe, The Takers are pretty sure, and I am working on a few other things

Finally!!! JR JUGGERNAUT!!!! Stoked!

Guest Admin
Doesn't Mike Hale also have a 7" coming out soon on Hometown Caravan?

it has been discussed, but I am not sure if it has been recorded yet.

stoked! It going to be a killer weekend.