going to california for a week and a few days

Sweet we should hang out! J/K you're a fag!

J/K about the J/k!

Also, fuck that tourist shit. The piers are alright for an hour or so, and the wharf (directly adjacent) is okay (it's a good way to kill an afternoon). Alcatraz is pretty boring. 99% of the shit you see on TV and "The Rock" are areas you can't go. You get to walk into like a couple of cells, see the mess hall...I think they show you solitary but you can't go in. It's really kind of a let down.

As lame as it seems I love the exploritorium. Not sure if you'd be looking at shows but I'd try and see The Filmore. Not sure who's there when you are but it's a killer ass venue. Other than that, it really depends on your taste. Also, Monteray is probably about 3 hours from San Francisco (longer if you head down the 1) but on a good day that shit is amazing.

For San Diego, I keep ending up at Mission Beach. It's the one with the big as roller coaster (http://www.giantdipper.com/). I don't know if it's good but for some reason I always end up there. It's usually pretty busy. Also, the beach in La Jolla with the seals is cool, http://www.amwest-travel.com/awt_sdseal.html.

I dunno, I'm boring.

Sweet we should hang out! J/K you're a fag!

J/K about the J/k!

Also, fuck that tourist shit. The piers are alright for an hour or so, and the wharf (directly adjacent) is okay (it's a good way to kill an afternoon). Alcatraz is pretty boring. 99% of the shit you see on TV and "The Rock" are areas you can't go. You get to walk into like a couple of cells, see the mess hall...I think they show you solitary but you can't go in. It's really kind of a let down.

As lame as it seems I love the exploritorium. Not sure if you'd be looking at shows but I'd try and see The Filmore. Not sure who's there when you are but it's a killer ass venue. Other than that, it really depends on your taste. Also, Monteray is probably about 3 hours from San Francisco (longer if you head down the 1) but on a good day that shit is amazing.

For San Diego, I keep ending up at Mission Beach. It's the one with the big as roller coaster (http://www.giantdipper.com/). I don't know if it's good but for some reason I always end up there. It's usually pretty busy. Also, the beach in La Jolla with the seals is cool, http://www.amwest-travel.com/awt_sdseal.html.

I dunno, I'm boring.

yeah, were not going to do much touristy stuff in either city. San Diego we just want to go to the beach and sit for the couple of days. maybe go see stuff, dunno yet.

San Fran will be more exploring, what is this exploritorium you speak of? sounds explor-ific!

we'll be in san fran from june 6th - 9th I believe. know of anything going on?

• 2 weeks later...

sooooo.... Pens are in the Stanley Cup Finals and Natalie and I will be in California through game 6.... that being said...

anyone know of ANY good places to watch hockey games at in San Diego, Santa Cruz and San Francisco? We'll be staying near Sea World in San Diego, in the mountains near Santa Cruz and pretty much downtown in San Francisco... any suggestions on this would be awesome so we don't end up watching the games in the room, haha :) were both diehard Pens fans... sucks our trip to California is getting in the way of watching the Cup run...

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to give my reviews of the bars we went too in california to watch games 1 - 5 of the cup finals...

Game 1 - Bub's Sports Grille, San Diego

Packed full with bar crawl frat trash and maybe 20 people watching the hockey game. this is the "steelers" bar I guess, kinda sucked watching the game there with the 150 or so annoying frat people there doing their bar crawl..

Game 2 and 3 - Kristy's MVP Bar - San Diego

Much better, few people there for both games, we were the only pens fans for both days. Game 2 we watched with two dudes from detroit in town for a wedding, they were really nice, said the pens were losing in 4, and have been proven wrong as I said. Actually really awesome time even though we lost the game. It was 1 block from our hotel

game 3 was better, obviously, because th pens won, and there were 8 or 9 red wings fans watching too, who unlike the previous night, were annoying as fuck. told us we werent allowed to watch because we were pens fans, and then they lost. wah wah wah.

Game 4 - Double D Sports Bar - San Jose'ish, CA

Watched game 4 with a bunch of sharks fans. food was awesome, the game was good, but everyone kept trying to turn the only TV in the room out of 40 playing the cup finals, to the lakers game... the sharks fans rooted for the Pens, pens won. basketball sucks.

Game 5 - Giordano Bro's - San Francisco, CA

best bar of the trip by far. it was like a piece of the strip district was cut out of pittsburgh and placed in china town. exactly the same as primanti bro's. met some pittsburgh transplant fans, talked about the neighborhoods we all lived in, got fucking wasted, really don't remember the game at all. ate some meh chinese food after the game to sober up, ran full sprint down the street as I saw a tow truck pull up to our rental to tow us.. stopped them just as the tow bar was up against our front tires.

Game 6 - Pittsburgh International Airport

no one was going to drive to pick us up at 9:30 PM during game 6 so we watched the game through the bars of the closed down TGIF's in the main concourse with 10 or so other late arrivals.

Definitely suggest anyone in the area to go to Giordano's just to eat food there. So good. thanks to anyone who gave us suggestions on where to go watch the games, really appreciate the suggestions!