you know what i don't get...

why the fuck do big bands get someone to fucking hold their guitar up in the air and put it on them when they are about to play....

why the fuck can't these assholes bend over and pick up their own guitars from a rack or something?

"i'm so important...fucking hold my guitar here in the air for the next 5 minutes while i strut around stage looking for a shot of jager...i'll come over and put the guitar on when i'm good and ready...you just stand there damn it..."

Gives people who have no musical talent a job and a chance to tour which is pretty cool I would love to be "the guy who puts the guitar on" for like Iron Maiden that would be fucking amzing

haha dude im pretty sure the guy holding the guitar is usually that guy's tech and can probably shred as well as they can! but still... keeps them off the streets!

Guest errolwest
Gives people who have no musical talent a job and a chance to tour which is pretty cool I would love to be "the guy who puts the guitar on" for like Iron Maiden that would be fucking amzing

haha dude im pretty sure the guy holding the guitar is usually that guy's tech and can probably shred as well as they can! but still... keeps them off the streets!

who does this? The closest ive seen to this is death cab, but it was kinda a well oiled machine where ben would take his guitar off and the tech would hand him another one within seconds. Though i didnt see the need to change guitars damn near 10 times.

Lots of bigger bands do this so they don't need to stop and tune. When I saw the foo Fighters dave had a rack of what looked to be identical guitars.

If it helps them put on a better show, I'm all for it. I think you need to spend your brain cycles worrying about more important things. Plus, fact is, none of us have ever been in a huge band (well save for Mike from All-American Rejects) so we have nothing to pull from to answer the why question. I'm sure there's a decent reason beyond "I'm a rock star baby."

Yeah, I mean, the guy holding the guitar while the singer walks around and then holding it up for him is a bit odd but I've always taken the "switching guitars 100 times a set" thing as part of them trying to keep it moving.

As a soon to be married man I can attest to keeping things simple and clear. Its much clearer to say to a tech, "you put the guitar on me" then it is to get things mixed up, drop the guitar, break it, or break your foot. Now prancing around stage while the poor dude holds it up for minutes is silly. But maybe the tech did something dumb earlier and he's being razzed for it or its a joke?