Where can I get vinyl?

Is this a fake account?

Why would you think that?

Of course I know about Vinyl Collective cause that;s why I'm here, since I purchased a couple from them on ebay. And should I not say vinyl?

vinyl tends to get the blood up.

there are loads of threads with info but try record labels, online distros etc. what u into musicwise?

Fuckin' A! This thread is bringing the Friday funny something awful.

rawker31: there are way too many threads on this board pointing out where to order records aka vinyl from. take a look around and you'll find info on labels, band sites, stores and more. Also, we do a lot of trading between us here. In all seriousness, I asked if you were a fake account because you hit on a couple of several members' pet peeves in your very first ever post. While I'm not as strict, there are people around here who cringe at the use of "vinyl."

Guest genericinsight

"vinyl" is not a word, it's not the proper pluralization. It's like moose. Vinyl is the pluralization of itself.

Guest genericinsight
"vinyl" is not a word, it's not the proper pluralization. It's like moose. Vinyl is the pluralization of itself.

mooses isnt a word....bummer

yeah, mooses sounds cooler I think, but oh well.

I mostly get irritated at the usage of the word "vinyl" because I'm a grammar nazi. I've been known to correct people who use the word not on the internet.

Guest genericinsight
I'm sick of the word "vinyl" because it shows just how stupid the youth of America has become.

It's definitely far from just a "youth" thing.

Several years ago one of my aunts knew I was into record collecting and told me that she knew of a store I should go to because "they have vinyl there and I know you like them".

even then I told her "vinyl" was not a word. ha.

I honestly just think it's something that people aren't aware of for some reason or another. Truth be told, if I hadn't listened to college radio growing up and heard the DJ pronounce word properly, I wouldn't have realized it and probably called them "vinyl". As much as it irritates me, I sort of understand why - it's not like the word is taught to use during grammar lessons in school. People just don't know.

Guest genericinsight
Hey I'm new to the vinyl collecting and I was wondering where are good places to purchase vinyl. I know ebay always has them, but they're not always at the best prices. I'm also aware that interpunk.com is a good place, but are there any others. Does anyone actually sell them in stores rather than online?

oh, and yeah, lots of stores sell them. Check out your local indie record shop, if you have one.