PreOrder: Paint it Black - New Lexicon 2nd Press!

wow.

i thought people posting on a (more or less) punk/hc/metal/d.i.y. message board wouldn't be such whinny bitches about a bent corner and shit. and to those whose records were mangled, post a pic.

i think the real reason most of you people are pissed is because you all had great plans on flipping this fast as "mint" and now you can't. really, if you like a record and LISTEN to it alot (which your SUPPOSED to do) its probably gonna get a little dinged up anyways. bitching never solved annnnyyything.

bring on the smites.. =)

I don't think too many people were looking at flipping this. And, yes, this message board is about music, but before that it was about vinyl. Most vinyl collectors want their shit mint. I agree that pissing and moaning about it isn't going to make the jacket mint again, but it could make some sort of impact for the future.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight

I don't think too many people were looking at flipping this. And, yes, this message board is about music, but before that it was about vinyl. Most vinyl collectors want their shit mint. I agree that pissing and moaning about it isn't going to make the jacket mint again, but it could make some sort of impact for the future.

Well, as I stated before (and agree with xxmartinxx), that's just a chance you take with mail-ordering records. Some I've gotten that were packaged perfectly were still not 100% perfect - I think people forget that all this stuff goes through the process of being mailed a million times before it ends up on your shelf. Pressing plant mails to the label, labels mail to you - the label may not even be at fault if the record's jacket/insert sleeve/etc aren't up to your standards, it could have been like that when the plant sent to them. Works the same way for record stores, which is no doubt in my mind when records I even see at stores still in shrink wrap have bent corners and such (could be from the pressure of people taking it out and putting back in, or again, even possibly from when it was mailed to the store). I don't know, again I'm not as anal as some when it comes to how I receive my records but this is just how I see it.

Most vinyl collectors want their shit mint. I agree that pissing and moaning about it isn't going to make the jacket mint again, but it could make some sort of impact for the future.

As someone who knows Kyle (and also does a label), I know that at least 75% of the kids on here didn't email him with issues - if this was, in fact, about making an impact for the future, I would think emailing him directly would've been more appropriate than creating a bitchfest (not to mention making whack accusations that anyone with knowledge of the situation would know to be untrue) on a random message board (a board that neither of us knew existed until we were directed to it).

Not saying you yourself did these things, but lets not mask what's really going on.

Most vinyl collectors want their shit mint. I agree that pissing and moaning about it isn't going to make the jacket mint again, but it could make some sort of impact for the future.

As someone who knows Kyle (and also does a label), I know that at least 75% of the kids on here didn't email him with issues - if this was, in fact, about making an impact for the future, I would think emailing him directly would've been more appropriate than creating a bitchfest (not to mention making whack accusations that anyone with knowledge of the situation would know to be untrue) on a random message board (a board that neither of us knew existed until we were directed to it).

Not saying you yourself did these things, but lets not mask what's really going on.

You're correct that I didn't do any of those things. I was responding to someone elses post. I agree with you.

How is filling demand pulling a fast one?

yeah seriously...I was criticizing them and even I'm not saying that...if people want the record and you don't have any...you repress the damn thing...otherwise you fuel the eBayification of that release because people who legitimately want the record can't find it....plus it just came out...so why would it be a good idea to stunt the availability of a new release?

...I'm glad to hear they're going to poly bag their mailorder copies now, but I'm still just going to wait to find this in stores/buy it from the band so I don't have to spend $16 on it.