PreOrder: Paint it Black - New Lexicon 2nd Press!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight

gah, I'm too poor. there was a point where I was working on a PIB collection but I've decided not to continue with it. I'm happy with my white New Lexicon.

Guest genericinsight
hey people, its too soon for a second press. i hate this shit.

maybe so but it seems the records are in high demand, so....

Guest genericinsight

just out of curiosity and I hate to bring this thread off topic, but I find it kind of interesting that people here and elsewhere sometimes complain about how a label packs their records or whether a record is packaged properly or not. I just got a few packages of records in this week from labels and distros (VC included) and none of them had bubble wrap or cardboard or anything, just sent in an LP box. I don't know why all the hate towards Rivalry with how they shipped the PIB records, because lately I've been noticing that even a lot of labels don't overly pack some stuff (and this is also for records that aren't shrink wrapped or come with a polybag). Not trying to talk shit but I'll probably get smited anyways... just a small observation I've noticed.

I think that 99% of the time, that is how all labels and distros send out the records. In mailers w/ no protection i.e. bubblewrap and all that jazz. As sad as it sounds, I have come to always expect all the jackets of records I receive to be dinged up and not-perfect.

Labels and distros don't have the time to baby the records and make sure the packages are bomb-proof and all that. I've learnt to not stress over it anymore...unless the thing is completely demolished of course...as long as the record itself is OK and not damaged, then it's all good.

labels like this are making CRAZY cash selling multiple pressings of records to you guys who will buy every color variation of every pressing. its pointless. these wont maintain any value. are you seriously telling me the label thought they would only sell 1000 or whatever the initial pressing of these was?

I wonder if the majority of these sleeves were slightly damaged BEFORE they were sent out. I just find it hard to believe that so many of them arrived in such bad shape - I have received numerous orders from countless labels over the years packed the same as these, but can't recall so many people getting really messed up records.