PreOrder: Paint it Black - New Lexicon 2nd Press!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just out of curiosity and I hate to bring this thread off topic, but I find it kind of interesting that people here and elsewhere sometimes complain about how a label packs their records or whether a record is packaged properly or not. I just got a few packages of records in this week from labels and distros (VC included) and none of them had bubble wrap or cardboard or anything, just sent in an LP box. I don't know why all the hate towards Rivalry with how they shipped the PIB records, because lately I've been noticing that even a lot of labels don't overly pack some stuff (and this is also for records that aren't shrink wrapped or come with a polybag). Not trying to talk shit but I'll probably get smited anyways... just a small observation I've noticed.

I think it was the fact that the records were sent without shrinkwrap or a plastic sleeve - so it was basically the jacket rubbing against the cardboard mailer.

I see no problem sending LPs that are shrinkwrapped or in a plastic sleeve in a mailer without padding - perferrably with a cardboard flat - as records won't get messed up that way unless the actuall mailer is crushed, etc.

labels like this are making CRAZY cash selling multiple pressings of records to you guys who will buy every color variation of every pressing. its pointless. these wont maintain any value. are you seriously telling me the label thought they would only sell 1000 or whatever the initial pressing of these was?

To be fair, I think selling out 1,000 records in a few weeks is pretty insane. Maybe they should have pressed 2,000 but they've got the plates and if they need to make more they will. Why is everything a conspiracy to fuck record collectors.

just out of curiosity and I hate to bring this thread off topic, but I find it kind of interesting that people here and elsewhere sometimes complain about how a label packs their records or whether a record is packaged properly or not. I just got a few packages of records in this week from labels and distros (VC included) and none of them had bubble wrap or cardboard or anything, just sent in an LP box. I don't know why all the hate towards Rivalry with how they shipped the PIB records, because lately I've been noticing that even a lot of labels don't overly pack some stuff (and this is also for records that aren't shrink wrapped or come with a polybag). Not trying to talk shit but I'll probably get smited anyways... just a small observation I've noticed.

I think it was the fact that the records were sent without shrinkwrap or a plastic sleeve - so it was basically the jacket rubbing against the cardboard mailer.

I see no problem sending LPs that are shrinkwrapped or in a plastic sleeve in a mailer without padding - perferrably with a cardboard flat - as records won't get messed up that way unless the actuall mailer is crushed, etc.

i don't back any kind of shipping that involves my record being in the jacket. fuck shrinkwrap!

i don't back any kind of shipping that involves my record being in the jacket. fuck shrinkwrap!

I don't really have a problem having records shipped to me in the shrinkwrap or the jacket for that matter - it does nothing to the jacket that hasn't already been done when being packaged at the pressing plant or in shipment from the plant to the label.

I don't really have a problem having records shipped to me in the shrinkwrap or the jacket for that matter - it does nothing to the jacket that hasn't already been done when being packaged at the pressing plant or in shipment from the plant to the label.

seamsplits?

not necessarily, they had to pay extra for that...

I'll never order records from this label again...no wonder i run a failing label... silly me and not ripping people off.

not necessarily, they had to pay extra for that...

I'll never order records from this label again...no wonder i run a failing label... silly me and not ripping people off.

so i'll be paypal'ing you 209.10 then? :P

seamsplits?

yeah i hate that! but I don't know, I feel like that is potentially unavoidable if they are shipped with some kind of protective plastic over the jacket.

shrinkwrap is always going to be an issue for retail. but maybe mailorder copies can be shipped without shrinkwrap and just put in the plastic sleeves. that would also cut back on plastic waste too

seamsplits?

yeah i hate that! but I don't know, I feel like that is potentially unavoidable if they are shipped with some kind of protective plastic over the jacket.

shrinkwrap is always going to be an issue for retail. but maybe mailorder copies can be shipped without shrinkwrap and just put in the plastic sleeves. that would also cut back on plastic waste too

if my FYS records arrive with the record outside of the jacket, and no seamsplits, i'll love you forever!

seamsplits?

don't worry, this label doesn't send records in plastic sleeves if they're not shrinkwrapped. chinsy motherfuckers.

if my FYS records arrive with the record outside of the jacket, and no seamsplits, i'll love you forever!

haha I'm going to do something special just for you :P

haha I'm going to do something special just for you :P

i really hope it's just the most ridiculously over the top unnecessary packaging ever. that takes me 3 days to open, but when it does open, my records are perfect!