Road Trips Suggestions (BOSTON)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love road tripping, and some of the coolest places are the ones we never meant to stop in.

I can't see where you're from, so I hope I'm not telling you to go places in your own state or something.

My boyfriend and I have road tripped to Chapel Hill before, and that was really great. There are a lot of neat places to check out. It's pretty college town type of stuff, but we found a great mexican place, video store, small bar/venue, and liquor store amongst other things.

On the way to Chapel Hill we stopped in Wytheville, VA. It's nothing spectacular, but it had a lot of small town charm and at the time I thought their Sonic that sat on top of this massive hill was amazing, since at the time Michigan didn't have any.

Paris, Kentucky is nice. There is a HUGE antique mall there.

Somewhere near St. Petersburg, FL is an amazing national park. There are docks you can walk on, and swampy areas to hang out in. there are huge trees to climb and nature paths to walk. When we went we saw manatees and dolphins and crazy amounts of weird looking birds and shit. Then, not far from there in Tampa, is a Dali museum, which I thought was definitely worth checking out.

Definitely let us know how your road trip turns out!

I love road tripping, and some of the coolest places are the ones we never meant to stop in.

I can't see where you're from, so I hope I'm not telling you to go places in your own state or something.

My boyfriend and I have road tripped to Chapel Hill before, and that was really great. There are a lot of neat places to check out. It's pretty college town type of stuff, but we found a great mexican place, video store, small bar/venue, and liquor store amongst other things.

On the way to Chapel Hill we stopped in Wytheville, VA. It's nothing spectacular, but it had a lot of small town charm and at the time I thought their Sonic that sat on top of this massive hill was amazing, since at the time Michigan didn't have any.

Paris, Kentucky is nice. There is a HUGE antique mall there.

Somewhere near St. Petersburg, FL is an amazing national park. There are docks you can walk on, and swampy areas to hang out in. there are huge trees to climb and nature paths to walk. When we went we saw manatees and dolphins and crazy amounts of weird looking birds and shit. Then, not far from there in Tampa, is a Dali museum, which I thought was definitely worth checking out.

Definitely let us know how your road trip turns out!

The Dali museum is in St. Pete. ;) I think the park you're talking about is DeSoto. It's an awesome place, but if you've seen one manatee, you've seen them all. And they don't exactly make for enthralling entertainment.

The last big road trip I went on was during a time when my friends and I were obsessed with putt-putt. We stayed in Myrtle Beach for two days just to hit up all their courses. And we played a glow-in-the-dark course in Toronto. It was awesome.

I'm really biased, but I love Charlottesville, VA. I went to college there which is part of the reason, but there's a lot to see and do down in that area. I don't know if you're into history stuff, but UVA special collections has really cool exhibits, there's Monticello nearby, a couple cool small breweries and a bunch of wineries. The town itself is pretty neat too as there's a cool downtown mall and UVAs grounds are amazing. It's also not far from Richmond, DC, and a bunch of other pretty cool stuff to do in VA.

The Dali museum is in St. Pete. ;) I think the park you're talking about is DeSoto. It's an awesome place, but if you've seen one manatee, you've seen them all. And they don't exactly make for enthralling entertainment.

The last big road trip I went on was during a time when my friends and I were obsessed with putt-putt. We stayed in Myrtle Beach for two days just to hit up all their courses. And we played a glow-in-the-dark course in Toronto. It was awesome.

my bad :x, I just assumed it was in Tampa, because I remember driving by some huge Tampa sports venue. I think it was baseball, but I'm definitely not sure. We did drive around a lot before we found the place.

when you're a girl who's lived her entire life in the midwest, manatees can be very exciting :) I wish I could remember where that park was! I'm terrible at remembering cities and places and streets or whatever. My boyfriend always remembers those, so I never have to. haha We were staying in Madeira Beach though. Some friends of my parents had a timeshare and couldn't make it down for a one of their weeks and they just gave it to my parents. It was pretty awesome. :)

edit!: i just looked on a map of florida and the locations of it's national parks and it def was DeSoto. It's the only one in that area. Now, I will know when I want to go back and visit :)

I took a road trip a few years back to Niagra Falls, (Canada side).

it was a blast.

We wanted to go to Canada but then we saw how much passports are..

99% sure you don't need a passport to drive to/from Canada yet.

scratch that, make it 100%

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1082.html

ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS: Entry into Canada is solely determined by Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) officials in accordance with Canadian law . Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card or NEXUS card (see below) satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens. If U.S. citizen travelers to Canada do not have a passport, passport card or approved alternate document such as a NEXUS card, they must show a government-issued photo ID (e.g. Driver’s License) and proof of U.S. citizenship such as a U.S. birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or expired U.S. passport. Children under sixteen need only present proof of U.S. citizenship

We wanted to go to Canada but then we saw how much passports are..

99% sure you don't need a passport to drive to/from Canada yet.

scratch that, make it 100%

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1082.html

ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS: Entry into Canada is solely determined by Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) officials in accordance with Canadian law . Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card or NEXUS card (see below) satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens. If U.S. citizen travelers to Canada do not have a passport, passport card or approved alternate document such as a NEXUS card, they must show a government-issued photo ID (e.g. Driver’s License) and proof of U.S. citizenship such as a U.S. birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or expired U.S. passport. Children under sixteen need only present proof of U.S. citizenship

Oh man, I'll have to tell my girlfriend, she was really excited to go. Thank you sir!

So many great ideas, thanks a lot guys. I'd love to hear more. She has given me the task of finding out different places to go while she looks for a new car.

boston is pretty dope. and cape cod is a real good time during the summer.

Any specific places to go in Boston?

museum of fine arts (MFA), museum of science, freedom trail (red paint trail through city with historic stops all throughout), cambridge, fenway park (said your'e not sports fans, but just saying...it is america's most beloved ball park), aquarium.