Relapse Clear Vinyl

So I just picked up Dying Fetus - Destroy The Opposition on Clear for 14 ppd on Ebay. I was just excited about getting it for that cheap and was wondering if anyone else has picked up any Relapse releases on clear for that cheap before.

Not so lucky on my other clear:

Pig Destroyer - Phantom Limb $65

Coalesce - 012:2 Reissue $55

Misery Index - Traitors $26

Dying Fetus - Destroy The Opposition was put out on vinyl by Goodlife Recordings in the days, when Relapse didn't care about the format. So technically it's only a licensed release and not one of those limited to a hundred on clear vinyl Relapse lp's.

I know it says 'One time pressing' on the back, but first it was released on solid baby blue vinyl...and then the clear one, which was easily available in distros. Goodlife tended to be a bit shady about the pressing numbers, so compared to their other press runs I'd say there are 500-1000 copies of the clear version. Hence the low price. But still a very good buy, music wise...by far the best Dying Fetus album.

I bought the blue one from Goodlife, when it came out, and then some time later the clear ones started popping up. A friend of mine ran a distro at that point and got several clear copies in, so that alone made me doubt the rarity and 'one time pressing' statement. The pressing info on the Goodlife site doesn't seem to have been updated for a long time. At one point they threw in lists with pressing info of their discography in their vinyl releases, but I can't dig one up right now. Try writing Ed at Goodlife to see if he remembers..

Guest noeffinidea

The Relapse staff did me a huge (and very unexpected) solid when I ordered some Pig Destroyer stuff last month. They sent me Phantom Limb on clear on top of a 1st press of Terrifyer on white.

Good people over @ Relapse.

Dying Fetus - Destroy The Opposition was put out on vinyl by Goodlife Recordings in the days, when Relapse didn't care about the format. So technically it's only a licensed release and not one of those limited to a hundred on clear vinyl Relapse lp's.

I know it says 'One time pressing' on the back, but first it was released on solid baby blue vinyl...and then the clear one, which was easily available in distros. Goodlife tended to be a bit shady about the pressing numbers, so compared to their other press runs I'd say there are 500-1000 copies of the clear version. Hence the low price. But still a very good buy, music wise...by far the best Dying Fetus album.

yep. i paid $12.89 for it at everybody's records in cincy, new.