City of Ships "Look What God Did To Us"(PICTURES!)

• 2 weeks later...

We have about 5 more of the screen-print posters left. If anyone wants one and missed out of the pre-order deal I'll include a free one with the next few City of Ships LP orders we get in our webstore.

"Influenced by the sincerity and passion of Hot Water Music roughly mashed up against Mastodon's intricate song structures and ballsy girth, Look What God Did To Us ranges from serene passages, replete with layered instrumentation, to blinding shots of fury. The band create an endless vortex of catchy fills and reverb-laden guitar passages obliterated by full-on raging drums, overbearing guitars and throaty screams. "

-Exclaim!

"It’s just more layered, more dynamic, and a bit more note-y; guitar textures rise and fall, giving a more subtle shape to the shadows in the dark before they just freaking crank it up and come for you. And watch out - they’re going to get you. It’s just impossible to be a fan of ominous, atmospheric heavy music - be it the gritty-ass Buzzov*en or the cinematic Isis - and not be moved by this."

-REAX Magazine

• 1 year later...

Old news but how the hell is there still stock of both color variants of this album? Just ordered both. Since I am new to the vinyl game, people seriously jump on this. The pics of this pressing look amazing and by the looks of it, it does this amazing album justice! So happy as this was my album of the year last year!

Yes, this record does rule and we do still have some copies on both colors, although there aren't too many left of the clear w/ maroon haze. If anyone is interested you can pick up either color from us for $12 at www.soundstudyrecordings.com/shop or from the fine folks at No Idea.

Also! We have a new City of Ships 7" at the plant right now. It should be available in a week or two. It's two new songs, "Three Mile Bridge" and "South Laurel." It will also include as a bonus track with the digital download code the band's cover of m83's "Don't Save Us From the Flames." I'm sure I'll be posting more info about this here soon when we get the records in. 150 on red vinyl 350 on black.