The Weird Beer Thread

Alright. So my roommate and I are bored tonight. We bought a bunch of junk and mix-and-matched our own 6 packs. I'm not 21, so I told him to go in, buy me a Golden Monkey, and pick 5 other ridiculous bottles.

1 - Golden Monkey - I've had this before, liked it a lot, that's why I requested it.

2 - Heavy Seas Peg Leg Imperial Stout - Says something about roasted coffee and dark chocolate flavor. This could be good.

3 - Magic Hat - Lucky Cat - Has nothing about flavor on it, but a big pink pussy on the label.

4 - Hazed and Infused - Boulder Brewing company out of COLORADO - no description

5. - Terrapin Beer Co. - Rye Pale Ale - definitely for the Dead heads out there

6. - Dogfish Head - 90 Minute IPA - Self explanitory.

If you want pictures of anything, let me know.

Expect reviews.

The Bruery in Orange County is making some amazing and odd beers, a double belgian brewed with Thai Basil, and a beer that is meant to be heated and tastes a little like cider. ALL there stuff is AMAZING.

Elysian is making some interesting stuff, namely their Jasmine IPA. Really soft IPA but still packs the hops.

magic hat is my favorite beer company, but lucky cat is definitely one of my least favorite. its alright, its not too wierd or anything. you should try out some other magic hat beers if you havent had any before.

I hate #9 but I had a stout of there's that was awesome and also one that was called Mystery Lager or something like that and it was awesome as well.

magic hat is my favorite beer company, but lucky cat is definitely one of my least favorite. its alright, its not too wierd or anything. you should try out some other magic hat beers if you havent had any before.

I hate #9 but I had a stout of there's that was awesome and also one that was called Mystery Lager or something like that and it was awesome as well.

oh i love #9, circus boy might be my favorite though. have you had the new summer seasonal called whacko? its delicious.

2 - Heavy Seas Peg Leg Imperial Stout - Says something about roasted coffee and dark chocolate flavor. This could be good.

It could be, and will. Assuming this the one from Flying Dog, it's awesome. Though their Gonzo Porter is even better if you like dark stouts.

Wacko sucks, and they've put it on every tap here in Richmond. They're promotion the shit out of it. Interesting concept, but the color and beets don't do it for me. Plus, it's why they stopped making my favorite Magic Hat beer: Hocus Pocus. Odd Notion is good too, though you can only get it in the variety packs.