PO: RX BANDITS "Mandala" 2xLP (UP NOW!)

i am disappointed by the album. hopefully it will grow on me. the complete lack of horns really hurts them and on some songs it seems they are trying to replace them with guitar lines. i found myself thinking if there were horns here it would be so much better many times. it's definitely more geared towards rock than anything they have done up to this point. the album lacks the energy of their previous albums. instead of jam outs it's a lot of whispy vocals and effects. the vocals are amazing as always though. maybe if this was their first album, or they never had horns at any point i would like the album more. but this album had a lot to live up to.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm wondering how they will play their old stuff now that they don't have any horn players left, or at least how it will sound. i haven't seen them live in over a year. but i saw them the last night Borth played with them, and a few days later saw them the first night without Borth and i barely noticed he was missing. i remember because at the time i didn't know Borth quit the band, they announced it at the show, both actually.

I think ATBB was incredible, but I thought either the songs should be in a different order or get rid of the song "On A Lonely Screen" from the album. That song fucks with the flow of the record for me. It's not a bad song, just doesn't seem to meld with the rest of the songs.

The Resignation, on the other hand, has perfect flow.