shit to do in NYC

Guest genericinsight
in Brooklyn:

*the charleston, same deal as croc lounge, only hipper, and the cupcake stop truck has been seen recentally outside on weekends ;)

*the cloisters - medieval art, donation only entry and you also get entry into the met for the day.

These are both backed. If you go to The Charleston, give yourself some time to walk around the neighborhood. Williamsburg is pretty neat. I recommend going to the Blackbird Parlour and Pennylick's if you're in the area.

just avoid the Vegan Ice Cream at pennylicks, unless you are vegan then it might be quite enjoyable! got it by accident once and was convinced they had weird tasting ice cream.

I'm not vegan and I will usually get the vegan ice cream over the dairy. Just a preference I guess though... I was vegan for several years so maybe I developed a taste for it.

Same block, even though you can get free pizza with a beer at the Charleston, go next door to Pennylicks (well, more like two doors down) and go to Vinnie's Pizza. It's totally worth it. Insane toppings... vegan options, and even not; you can get macaroni and cheese, avacado, tortellini or taco toppings (amongst other things) on pizza. Insane!

These are both backed. If you go to The Charleston, give yourself some time to walk around the neighborhood. Williamsburg is pretty neat. I recommend going to the Blackbird Parlour and Pennylick's if you're in the area.

just avoid the Vegan Ice Cream at pennylicks, unless you are vegan then it might be quite enjoyable! got it by accident once and was convinced they had weird tasting ice cream.

I'm not vegan and I will usually get the vegan ice cream over the dairy. Just a preference I guess though... I was vegan for several years so maybe I developed a taste for it.

Same block, even though you can get free pizza with a beer at the Charleston, go next door to Pennylicks (well, more like two doors down) and go to Vinnie's Pizza. It's totally worth it. Insane toppings... vegan options, and even not; you can get macaroni and cheese, avacado, tortellini or taco toppings (amongst other things) on pizza. Insane!

i can get behind Vinnies. good stuff

Manhattan style pizza is so disgusting, I really don't know why people rave about it. It's thin, greasy, sloppy, undercooked, and lacks enough sauce.

??? this statement is really just beyond me

I really just don't get.

I like my pizza with a bit of thickness, a bit of carbon showing, and with some sauce between the bread and cheese.

Great beer and tasty pizza, you guys have me figured out pretty good haha. I'm still not sure where in NYC we're crashing/basing out of, so it's great to see suggestions for all over. Anyone know of any good shows/website with a list of shows going on this weekend? Thanks for all the great suggestions so far. Really looking forward to this!

Guest genericinsight
Great beer and tasty pizza, you guys have me figured out pretty good haha. I'm still not sure where in NYC we're crashing/basing out of, so it's great to see suggestions for all over. Anyone know of any good shows/website with a list of shows going on this weekend? Thanks for all the great suggestions so far. Really looking forward to this!

http://www.ifyoumakeit.com/events

Also:

Saturday @ Gramercy Theater, NYC

Sick Of It All, Bane, Capital, Inhuman

Sunday @ Knitting Factory, NYC

H2O, Cruel Hand, Turn It Up