anyone ever deal with adam19 on this board?

Update: got my record in the mail from him yesterday. How it survived the trip without damage is a mystery and a miracle. it was inside a LP mailer with no cardboard padding to keep it snug, it was just loose in there and he didnt' take the record out of the sleeve either. I was shocked when i saw no seams split (though they did on the inner sleeve) or corners of the cover damaged. Whew! At least I got my record though, sure took long enough.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres just another perspective of things especially all things media mail related. this was posted by tre who also runs deathwish inc, a label who constantly has its praises sung and do not include slabs of cardboard and remove records from the sleeve. note - deathwish is one of, if not the most, reliable mailorders around and ive never once been dissatisfied with their method of shipping and everything always arrives intact in pristine condition

I am truly confused as to why you would insist on someone going thru all these preparations, and hassle on how to properly package it, and then send it bargain basement style using media mail. If the COST of shipping the record is truly an issue...then you must not be dealing with records that you attach any real value to...correct? If you were getting a record worth some $$$ then it shouldn't matter how much it costs to mail it.

There just seems to be this weird irony of using bubble wrap, cardboard shims, record mailers, then mailing it AS CHEAPLY AS POSSIBLE... which also, of course, is the slowest, which means more time for the record to bounce around and possibly get damaged further.

Guest genericinsight
do you order a lot of records online from distros/labels? more often than not they do the same thing.

granted i dont ship like that but its not really something to be that perplexed about.

truth. I just got orders from both No Idea AND Vinyl Collective yesterday and neither place did that.

Guest genericinsight
that's strange. My VC and No Idea orders always have extra padding. Media Mail is weird though. I've had something come from NJ in two days yet take 1 week from CO. Mail in general is something that is really fucked up.

that is strange, I've ordered twice from VC and neither order had any extra padding. Granted, the records arrived in great shape and I'm not super anal about minor dings/seam splits either.

Update: got my record in the mail from him yesterday. How it survived the trip without damage is a mystery and a miracle. it was inside a LP mailer with no cardboard padding to keep it snug, it was just loose in there and he didnt' take the record out of the sleeve either. I was shocked when i saw no seams split (though they did on the inner sleeve) or corners of the cover damaged. Whew! At least I got my record though, sure took long enough.

lol

Got my two records from Adam today... It sure took a long time, but I'm happy with how they came. He was kind enough to put them in a lp mailer with bubble wrap inside... shit, he even shipped it with the records in the paper sleeves outside the jackets like I requested. Good man, this Adam... just a tad slow. Ha. Thanks, man!

• 6 months later...