PO BOX owners, seen this?

So this is the second time this has happened to me, first time I was able to wiggle it out without much of a fight. This time, it WOULD not come out, even with a little force. And since I'm in the middle of a move and some screen printing, I can't make it back during business hours. So I decide I'm gonna have to push my arm through and hopefully open it without dropping it into the floor. Which I do successfully, but they still don't fit. Well, one record made it out, but the ausin lucas/frank turner split didn't, so I had to actually take the record out of the jacket to get it to come out. So yeah, 15 minutes later and I got my two records. It's funny they can barely fit it in the box, yet don't see that there is no way for me to get it out with the lip on there.

[image]

[image]

[image]

See, I used to always get the key to the lockers as well, even for a single 7" or a slip generally since it's got the delivery confirmation, but I guess they know me well enough now that they assume I can open packages one handed through an opening the size of my arm. The ladies are nice, so I'll let it slip this time around, but probably gonna have to bug them next time just because I know I'll end up dropping it next time or get the police called on me when people think I'm trying to reach into other boxes.

In my old flat I had the post-box in the door and was pretty damn tight, you could just barely push a package with a 7-inch through it. However, the mailman always forced packages with sometimes 3 or 4 7-inches through it , even though the package said "fragile". This naturally damaged all the sleeves. Fuck that guy.

If you go to the counter and tell them to err on the side of leaving a slip, they're usually pretty good about it. Explain them this particular situation and they'll likely follow through.

I am assuming that the package was from VC and hence did not have any "Do Not Bend" labels on it. Laugh all you want, but I really think it makes a difference and is especially important if you use these flex mailers with 7"s. I once had an apartment box the same size as your POB and the carrier would leave a flex mailer in the box without a Do Not Bend, and leave a slip for a flex mailer if it had a Do Not Bend.

Guest drahtuos

this has happened to me a number of times, but never with seven inches. none of the lockers are small enough. LPs though.. i usually ask the post office dudes to pull it out for me on the other side.

Guest duhpunk

our mailman always sticks 7"s in our mailbox, and it's one of those ones that lock, and has the lip in it. can't be good for them.

i have had this happen. i just went to the counter, and had them take it out the back way.

the one time it happened NOT during business hours, i just left a note in there, and the next day, when they went to put my mail in, they took it out, and laid it flat in a bigger box, and left me a key for it.

if its not coming out, its not coming out, i dont see why you would try to force it out.

i have had this happen. i just went to the counter, and had them take it out the back way.

the one time it happened NOT during business hours, i just left a note in there, and the next day, when they went to put my mail in, they took it out, and laid it flat in a bigger box, and left me a key for it.

if its not coming out, its not coming out, i dont see why you would try to force it out.

Because then there'd be nothing to complain about.

I have a po box and this has never happened to me, they always leave me a slip. I talk with all the carriers at the post office and they know that I usually get records or prints so they know to handle my packages with care. Also a couple times a year I will come in and give them a big box of cookies or something from the local bakery down the street. To thank them for the extra care taken for my packages, they all know me by name now and I never have to wait in line when they see me walk through the door they grab my stuff when they go back to grab the customer they are helping stuff.

Heh, my mailman hates me. I try to be nice too. Basically,the last couple of LP's I've gotten he has shoved into the box. I've told him before to leave it between the doors, or on the step if it's not raining. He always seems cool about it, but then shoves it in. Sucks so much. Last time he told me to get a bigger box, if I'm ordering bigger packages...