VC Sessions, Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

the first time I know of where our videos inspired others (to make fun of us). Did you guys not like this video? I saw a comment on our youtube channel saying that they found the concept of this video embarrassing and ridiculous? We just wanted to share the experience of playing/hearing our releases and we love beer. We love to drink beer while we listen to music. thoughts?

from what i gather from it, i think it's all to do with the video direction itself. the presenter shows no enthusiasm whatsoever (maybe that's his demeanor and you can't fault him for it). and the fact that most of the video is just a record being played. it just seems a bit boring. I think thats what people questioned and made fun of. if people wanted to listen to the music that's what the flash music players are for arent they? I think rethinking the idea of doing a review of a beer with a song in the background would be a bit more ideal. while the idea is good in theory, the delivery is a bit off.

my .02

thoughts; that jeffry 16oh guy is a douchebag and i hate his stupid face. his label puts out the worst shit and most of the time its not even on colored vinyl! he also uses his labels myspace to mack on high school girls even though hes like 35 or something. and i hate him.

i can back and approve of this statement.

brb i have to go fill buck nasty's mama's dish

the first time I know of where our videos inspired others (to make fun of us). Did you guys not like this video? I saw a comment on our youtube channel saying that they found the concept of this video embarrassing and ridiculous? We just wanted to share the experience of playing/hearing our releases and we love beer. We love to drink beer while we listen to music. thoughts?

I think this is one of those things where it's a better idea in theory than practice. Listening to music and drinking a beer is one thing...making a video about doing so...and in that video blathering on about the undeniable sonic quality of a record playing on a youtube video or what have you is "a bit much" to be kind of nice about it. I don't mean any of that as a personal swipe I just think it was an idea poorly executed...or perhaps one that shouldn't have been executed at all.

I think probably the most telling thing about the success of the video is the lack of comments in this forum. I've noticed that if it's something people actually like they jump all over it and post like crazy...whereas the stuff they don't care for gets a few posts at best. I think that's the most honest judge of the idea. I mean if you put it to a vote or poll I think you'd probably end up with a lot of "pro" votes because people just like being nice around here and don't want to see anyones feelings hurt.

I think this is one of those things where it's a better idea in theory than practice. Listening to music and drinking a beer is one thing...making a video about doing so...and in that video blathering on about the undeniable sonic quality of a record playing on a youtube video or what have you is "a bit much" to be kind of nice about it. I don't mean any of that as a personal swipe I just think it was an idea poorly executed...or perhaps one that shouldn't have been executed at all.

I think probably the most telling thing about the success of the video is the lack of comments in this forum. I've noticed that if it's something people actually like they jump all over it and post like crazy...whereas the stuff they don't care for gets a few posts at best. I think that's the most honest judge of the idea. I mean if you put it to a vote or poll I think you'd probably end up with a lot of "pro" votes because people just like being nice around here and don't want to see anyones feelings hurt.

i think this is a better interpretation of what i was trying to say above. i just think im always a bit crass in my delivery...lol thischarmingham... thanks for saying exactly what i wanted to say.

• 3 weeks later...

is anyone else sick as hell of these lame ass videos

yeah we get it you drink premium beer and listen to bad records on inferior turntables and make youtube videos

No one cares. Seriously a band called Kay Kay and his blah blah is retarded why would you even bother to press a band like thats record. I am offended by this lack of taste.

Guest Admin
is anyone else sick as hell of these lame ass videos

yeah we get it you drink premium beer and listen to bad records on inferior turntables and make youtube videos

No one cares. Seriously a band called Kay Kay and his blah blah is retarded why would you even bother to press a band like thats record. I am offended by this lack of taste.

it's fair enough that you don't like kay kay or "premium beer". I am ok with that, but the fact that you are offended by the lack of taste of us pressing a record like Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground, seriously? I see that your last few orders through us were:

BOMB THE MUSIC INDUSTRY! "Scrambles" LP clear blue VC exclusive color PO

STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO "Everything Goes Numb" LP clear red vinyl PO

CLASSICS OF LOVE "Walking In Shadows" LP clear vinyl

SLAPSTICK "25 Songs" dbl LP clear vinyl

Does that give you the right to talk shit on the music we love and decide to press? Fuck no. I like the records you have purchased and I get it, you like Ska-punk and punk rock. I like that stuff, too. But to talk shit about a record we decided to press, a record we absolutely love, that is fucking stupid. Maybe I've had a long day and the Whiskey I am drinking on my back patio is making me a little surly, but I would think there are much worse things to get offended by. I personally celebrate all independent music regardless of how much I like each band.