Pre Order: Portishead - Third (BOX SET)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a pretty fair description. i think i'm going to give it a few more spins though. i think it could grow on me.

i'm guessing this may not be the final version and that's why it feels so disjointed.

I was thinking/hoping that, too. At one point, I thought it was released like that on purpose, just to fuck with downoalders.

That Panic At The Disco CD box set was limited to 10,000 and it goes for triple digits on eBay now.

1 thing I have learned from this board, that I never knew, was the large amount of people spending money on pure crap. But hey, who am I to say what someone else likes is crap I guess.

it doesn't really have to do w/ the music-many of us on this board are into collecting pieces that are out of /500, /200, /1000, etc.

I mean, I'm nowhere near a panic at the disco fan, but if you're dropping mad cash on something there is 10,000 of, you need to step back for a minute and consider it's not THAT rare.

not dissing u though man, you do have a good point.

and there's no DJ work on it at all

just cause theres no scratching dont mean there isnt a dj

the good djs (who are in bands) keep it all together without taking the lead imo

I think they've always done a good job with it but portishead was a little heavy on the wikkiwikkis

Agreed. That was the one thing about them that almost turned me off on first listen. Third sounds more polished and machined without the scratching.

I really like this album. Deffinitely going to pre-order that box set. Hell, a good 1GB USB stick is going to run like $20, plus the double 12", a single AND a fine art print in there? I don't see a problem spending 80 bucks on that.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I actually had to call my bank to get them to approve the charge because my debit card kept getting rejected. The same thing happened when I ordered the Radiohead - In Rainbows discbox.

Your bank might have some sort of computerized hold on debit cards being charged by foreign countries, you should ask them. I know when I've gone to Europe, I've had to call my credit card company beforehand to let them know when I'll be gone so they don't get suspicious when charges from halfway across the world start showing up.

• 2 weeks later...