Run For Cover Records

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to point out that these threads make things look a lot worse than they are. We and by we I mean me and sometimes one other person) send out about 50 orders a month. Sometimes way more, sometimes slightly less. 95% of those orders make it to where they need to go without any issues. For the most part, no one who get their orders on time are posting in these threads, its just everyone who has ever had a problem ordering through us in the past 5 years posting, which makes things look a little different then they are.

Matt, who I believe made this thread, your order was originally returned to me saying the address (which I wrote as you gave me) did not exist, like I told you. Had that not happened, your order would have arrived on time.

that wasn't ''matt'' but you answered my e-mail last week and said that it would ship on monday so hopefully it arrives soon :)

so another 2 weeks has gone by, and still no records received (it usually takes 1 week, max, for a package to get here). sent him an e-mail yesterday to ask if he really shipped the package on that day he said he would.

has anyone gotten the title fight 7" yet?

nope. still no 7" on my end even though it's been stated that all 7"s were being shipped 10 days ago.

just checked the RFC website, and it says that the vinyl's been delayed AGAIN and those who pre-ordered the vinyl (i did so on MAY 23!!!) should get it before or after sound and fury which is august 4th. this thing was supposed to see a mid-june release!

i usually have some patience when it comes to preorders and know that vinyl gets delayed but hell, if i hadn't been hounding this guy or seeking out updates i'd have thought he just walked away with over 30 bucks of my money.

like i said earlier in this thread: i don't care about the fact that shit takes forever with run for cover - i'm a very patient (sometimes too patient) guy. what kills me is the lack of communication on his part, regardless of whether or not he's busy with other things in his life. it takes, what, 5 minutes at the MOST to write a blog post? minutes less to type a twitter update? keeping people in the know is key, ESPECIALLY in the modern age and even more so when doing mail order.

Title Fight 7 Update #2 / Sound and Fury!

Finally we have the word from the plant that the vinyl will either be in the day before or the day of Sound and Fury. This means, that pre-orders will either begin shipping right before, or right after Sound and Fury, which is August 4th. We apologize for the wait and hope everyone thinks their packages and 7s are worth the wait.

NOT WORTH THE WAIT

has anyone gotten the title fight 7" yet?

nope. still no 7" on my end even though it's been stated that all 7"s were being shipped 10 days ago.

just checked the RFC website, and it says that the vinyl's been delayed AGAIN and those who pre-ordered the vinyl (i did so on MAY 23!!!) should get it before or after sound and fury which is august 4th. this thing was supposed to see a mid-june release!

i usually have some patience when it comes to preorders and know that vinyl gets delayed but hell, if i hadn't been hounding this guy or seeking out updates i'd have thought he just walked away with over 30 bucks of my money.

like i said earlier in this thread: i don't care about the fact that shit takes forever with run for cover - i'm a very patient (sometimes too patient) guy. what kills me is the lack of communication on his part, regardless of whether or not he's busy with other things in his life. it takes, what, 5 minutes at the MOST to write a blog post? minutes less to type a twitter update? keeping people in the know is key, ESPECIALLY in the modern age and even more so when doing mail order.

i'm with you on this one, i am also a very patient guy, but what's making me mad about this situation is the lack of communication. When you start a label, doesn't it have to be your priority to have customer satisfaction first? if time is missing than why not hire somebody that will take care of it? i'm starting to get really upset with this and i am sure i am not the only one and this is getting ridiculous.

records get delayed... just because everyone is shitting on RFC doesn't mean that everything that goes wrong is his fault. i am indifferent about the situation, there are always preorder fuck ups happening. everyone will get their records, i'm sure.

but nick, it's not the fact that shit gets delayed. i understand that 99% of delays are unavoidable...it's the fact that for at least a month or more since i/others pre-ordered the vinyl there was ZERO communication between the label and its customers.

no twitter update, no website update, nothing. THAT is the problem. it seems like updates on the situation were practically forced out of the guy.

if i'm a customer of RFC, i trust that my money is going toward what i paid for. when it's taking so long to hear about the status of an order that contained a 7 inch and 3 CDs why should i, in my right mind, continue to purchase goods from him? it's sad because run for cover has some GREAT bands on its roster.

this goes for ANY business out there. customer service SHOULD be your number one priority.

records get delayed... just because everyone is shitting on RFC doesn't mean that everything that goes wrong is his fault. i am indifferent about the situation, there are always preorder fuck ups happening. everyone will get their records, i'm sure.

my situation has nothing to do with the Title Fight pre-order, so there is no excuse about why i didn't get my records yet.

• 3 weeks later...

but nick, it's not the fact that shit gets delayed. i understand that 99% of delays are unavoidable...it's the fact that for at least a month or more since i/others pre-ordered the vinyl there was ZERO communication between the label and its customers.

no twitter update, no website update, nothing. THAT is the problem. it seems like updates on the situation were practically forced out of the guy.

if i'm a customer of RFC, i trust that my money is going toward what i paid for. when it's taking so long to hear about the status of an order that contained a 7 inch and 3 CDs why should i, in my right mind, continue to purchase goods from him? it's sad because run for cover has some GREAT bands on its roster.

this goes for ANY business out there. customer service SHOULD be your number one priority.

Are you serious? We have updated people so many times about this via twitter, messagebords, and our website. Like...literally probably 10 times. ????

Title Fight pre-orders have started shipping. All package deals should be shipped by the end of tomorrow depending on what time the blue vinyl comes in. Rainbo has admitted their fault with our order and all the delays and the representative we work with had his last day on Friday, but I'm not sure why. It's not like these records were only two weeks late...

As always please email me if you are missing an order that isn't a pre-order. I respond to every email I get.

Also, you will soon be able to pre-order our releases (including the Fireworks LP) through Vinyl Collective.

I pre-ordered this album from you guys on July 14th (Over a month ago) and now its gunna start pre ordering here at Vinyl Collective? Guess getting it done in time for the summer tour isn't gunna happen.

Whats the deal with the repress of Nightmare Of You and This Is Hell split? any updates?