New to VC: Mewithoutyou,Miles Davis,Morrissey,Once

Guest admin1338560633

The only colors for TWDY are Red, White, and Blue. Each is just one color so I don't know what the deal is.

not sure what to say, all 3 of ours that we have has 1 red, 1 blue. that is how they showed up.

SUPER LTD VERSION /3!!!!!!!!!!

no text on the spine.

Okay, it's the same pressing I have. Still OOP, though! Someone should jump on that fast. Virgil, I don't know where you're finding these records, but the world thanks you for it.

What's the label for this release? Is it a 180 gram vinyl? I need to know these things before I spend 35 bucks on a record, if its not 180 gram there is no way I pay that much.

More info in the store listing would be awesome.

The only colors for TWDY are Red, White, and Blue. Each is just one color so I don't know what the deal is.

not sure what to say, all 3 of ours that we have has 1 red, 1 blue. that is how they showed up.

i don't know exactly what to make of this. i'm like those computers that yell "does not compute."

Guest Admin

Okay, it's the same pressing I have. Still OOP, though! Someone should jump on that fast. Virgil, I don't know where you're finding these records, but the world thanks you for it.

What's the label for this release? Is it a 180 gram vinyl? I need to know these things before I spend 35 bucks on a record, if its not 180 gram there is no way I pay that much.

it is definitely not 180 gram, I would doubt if it is even 140 gram. The label on the back says DGC and our one stop claims it is an import, but nothing on the packaging suggests this. It sucks that the labels/distros try to charge so much for something thinking they will make a boat load of cash. If they charged a reasonable price, they would sell so many more. there are so many releases like this that cost so much that I usually pass on carrying it. Pinkerton was an exception. I fucking love that album.

i don't know exactly what to make of this. i'm like those computers that yell "does not compute."

Brent_Eyestone posted this on March 20th, 2008 @ 3:54:29 am

Yep, there's now copies that are one red/one blue... the plant pressed everything in weird numbers and intervals amidst the broken stamper issues, so copies were built based on what was here at the time. I'll have details later.

it is definitely not 180 gram, I would doubt if it is even 140 gram. The label on the back says DGC and our one stop claims it is an import, but nothing on the packaging suggests this. It sucks that the labels/distros try to charge so much for something thinking they will make a boat load of cash. If they charged a reasonable price, they would sell so many more. there are so many releases like this that cost so much that I usually pass on carrying it. Pinkerton was an exception. I fucking love that album.

This is what weezer.com says about the edition I believe you're carrying:

UNKNOWN EDITION: 2002 reissue - Unknown if a USA edition or an import. This is the one originally thought to be a bootleg, but turned out to be legitimately ordered from distributors. It appears to have been modeled after the original USA edition from 1996. Its label says DGC and Geffen Records [similar to the 2002 '6/4 songs' Blue album edition]. ID: dgc-25007 425 007-1. This edition DOES have a barcode, #20642 50071 - same as the '96 original. The main identifying factor is that the spine of the record cover does NOT have any writing on it [whereas the original says "weezer - pinkerton"]. Also the inner sleeve is a plain white sleeve, not the 'map/photos' sleeve of the original.

If you want to check the barcode and/or the inner sleeve, we'll know for sure.

Guest Admin

This is what weezer.com says about the edition I believe you're carrying:

UNKNOWN EDITION: 2002 reissue - Unknown if a USA edition or an import. This is the one originally thought to be a bootleg, but turned out to be legitimately ordered from distributors. It appears to have been modeled after the original USA edition from 1996. Its label says DGC and Geffen Records [similar to the 2002 '6/4 songs' Blue album edition]. ID: dgc-25007 425 007-1. This edition DOES have a barcode, #20642 50071 - same as the '96 original. The main identifying factor is that the spine of the record cover does NOT have any writing on it [whereas the original says "weezer - pinkerton"]. Also the inner sleeve is a plain white sleeve, not the 'map/photos' sleeve of the original.

If you want to check the barcode and/or the inner sleeve, we'll know for sure.

barcode reads: 7 2064250071 2 so it looks like you found it. Wow, good job sherlock holmes!

Guest Admin

thrones (it claims to be an exclusive bside)

man, was hoping this would still be up today.....any chance of getting more in?

will get some more in for sure.