New American Steel

Seriously? I can live with people downloading stuff illegally (morals aside it's illegal) but I can't believe people are like, "give it to me" or "how do I get it?". Seriously? It's 2009 I could probably find a way to download an album through my phone, while taking a shit. You dudes need to be less lazy about priated shit.

Also, the last album sounded like Communique covering American Steel (or vice versa) I expect more of the same here.

I had been searching p2ps and torrents for the last month with no luck, so I was surprised that it was out there without my knowledge. If its up on a megaupload type site with no reference to the band name or album title I'd say that's pretty hard to just stumble across, You'd need to know the person that posted it.

I'm a few songs in and I'd day it sounds like a poppier Jagged Thoughts. More to come...

I only use AskJeeves.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tour to support this album and go back to the Communique moniker and release something since they stated that Communique was not broken up, rather, 'on hiatus' and that they would return to it at some point.

I don't see why they would do that, though.

Regardless, they're playing here August 12th.

The way the interviews sounded, American Steel and Communique were two different outlets for two different musical/songwriting styles. I can see 'Dear Friends...' fading into a new Communique album the same way 'Jagged Thoughts' and the 2002ish American Steel demos faded into 'A Crescent Honeymoon'.

I fucking love both bands and given the recent opportunity to see AS play again and release 2 records I wouldn't mind seeing Communique again.