Complete Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground col

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Michael Hurenkamp from the Netherlands just sent me a photo of his Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground collection. As far as I can tell this collection is complete and is better than the collection I have. I mean, he has the cassette for god's sake. That is not easy to find.Thanks for supporting Kay Kay and for sharing the photo. If you want to see this image blown up, visit this link

http://i32.tinypic.com/24p9chh.jpg

Guest Admin
Thats hawt. This week I have been listening to the self titled album like crazy. Obsessed. Thanks to you guys.

when I saw that you were a big portual fan, I figured you might be able to get into kay kay, too. thanks for checking them out.

Guest Admin
i had listened to them once or twice prior to coming here because they toured with RX and some other bands. now i am just hooked.

that is great to hear. They are an unbelievable band. They are working on a new record and if the songs I have are any indication, the new album will be out of this world.

Nice collection.

I'm still pissed at my friends for bailing on me for the show Monday, even though it ended up being sold out, and pissed at my anxiety for not allowing me to drive to Cleveland without panic attacks.

i didn't expect that show to sell out, i guess its good i didn't drive out there after work monday night

that collection is awesome!

Guest Admin

this has been a great tour for Kay Kay. Most of the shows have sold out, they have been able to do some great interviews, and there are some really great press folks coming out to the shows tonight and tomorrow. And keep this under your hat, they just confirmed a daytrotter session!

Guest markovianprocess

I've been waiting on what seems like forever on All In Vinyl in the UK getting copies of this in so I can save on shipping. If Hey Momma is any indication, I'm sure this record will be pretty special.

Guest Admin
I've been waiting on what seems like forever on All In Vinyl in the UK getting copies of this in so I can save on shipping. If Hey Momma is any indication, I'm sure this record will be pretty special.

our box we sent to the wrong address for all in vinyl and it got returned to us although we have not yet seen it. hopefully soon.

but you can stream the album here

http://www.suburbanhomerecords.com/releases/kay-kay-and-his-weathered-underground-st-dbl-lp/

Guest Admin
man a 7" of their daytrotter sessions would be sweet. I think most daytrotter stuff on vinyl would be great.

I wrote the guys at daytrotter and asked about doing a number of their sessions on vinyl, but the tough part is securing the licenses from all the artists/labels. It would be amazing, but yes, we may end up doing this kay kay session on a 7"

Kay Kay was pretty good at the show in St Paul. Someone in WA sent a singing telegram for the violin player, and so a dude in a gorilla suit ran onstage and led everybody in singing him happy birthday. The whole band had no idea what was going on. Also, someone had a pretty legit-looking recording setup going, with a stand and nice-looking mic, for both Kay Kay and mewithoutYou. Does anyone know if either band is planning to release some live material?

Kay Kay was pretty good at the show in St Paul. Someone in WA sent a singing telegram for the violin player, and so a dude in a gorilla suit ran onstage and led everybody in singing him happy birthday. The whole band had no idea what was going on. Also, someone had a pretty legit-looking recording setup going, with a stand and nice-looking mic, for both Kay Kay and mewithoutYou. Does anyone know if either band is planning to release some live material?

Haha, that's awesome.

Hopefully those live recording get out, because Kay Kay's live album is amazing.

Guest Admin

that is so funny. I didn't know that happened.