iPod artist sorting question

I got an ipod with some wedding gift cards and like it. Peggle on my body at all times rules.

however i've found a number of artists are showing up as multiple listings. for example

ataris

ataris, the

the ataris

etc

i've fixed their listing in iTunes and its still wonky. What am I doing wrong? its the worst with rap albums. no matter how much editing i do it always lists guests on songs, which is annoying as fuck.

im at work so i dont have my itunes in front of me but go to it and highlight all of your ataris, the ataris etc and highlight them all. right click and go to get info i believe.

that should bring up a info box. Just type the name you want in the artist box and save. it will only change what you type so it shouldnt change any of the other info.

Hope that helps.

edit. make sure you ipod is not connected when you do this. It won't update your ipod if you are fixing things or adding things when its plugged in. Plug it back in after you edit.

w/ "guest" artists on songs (i.e. Spearhead feat. xxxx) best way to sort or find on the ipod is by album.

I usually just delete the "w/ _____" if it's just one song. If it was a whole album, I'd probably keep it separate.

But yeah, you've gotta select all the songs by a certain artist, and change around how they're sorted, make sure they have the same artist, and same album artist. (Changing the album artist might mess up a song if it's part of a comp though, you know?)

Sorry if that makes no sense. I shouldn't be on here this late.

The easiest way to fix this, as mentioned previously is highlight all of the songs by The Ataris and go into "Get Info" -- change the Artist field and Album Artist field to "The Ataris", "Ataris", "Worst fucking band" or whatever floats you boat and you'll be fine.

When I have songs w/ guests on them I usually do this:

Artist: The Ataris

Song: We were a decent pop-punk band, but we blow now ft. Vinyl Collective