Visitor to VC: Mike Kennerty and Tex from AAR

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

[image]

Mike Kennerty and Tex from All American Rejects (7-11-09) - Let me just start by saying that Mike Kennerty is the nicest guy I know who happens to rock for a multi-plantinum selling rock band. We have exchanged emails for a while now because he is a uber record collector and over the years, we had tried to connect in Denver. Luckily, they had a night off in Denver on Friday and it worked out that he and Tex could stop by the office, hang out, and then go out and get some beers. While Mike was here he picked up a copy of the Farewell Continental picture disc, a Gaslight Anthem demos 7", and I loaded both him and Tex with a bunch of beer cozies as both guys collect them. The 2nd photo is of a tatoo he received from one of the guys in Every Time I Die. We went and got beers at Cheeky Monk afterwards which is this killer Belgium Beer bar. It was a really good time. Both Mike and Tex had lots of great stories. Mike told me a few good ones about Limbeck, AAR, and Ben Weasel. Tex had some good storeies about folks from Dallas which is where he is from. He said he would give me some tunes to check out from a newish project from the singer of Slowride, a band I used to love.

Small world alert: back in the spring of 1996, I went and roadied for Zoinks! and on that tour, they played an instore at Music Dimensions and a show at Bricktown Live in Oklahoma City. Mike was at both shows. Crazy right?

Be on the lookout for more releases from Edmond Records (Mike's label). he put out that last Ben Weasel album before Asian Man re-released it and has some killer releases planned, maybe even a 7" by Screeching Weasel.

Thanks Mike and Tex for hanging out, look forward to hanging again.

Small world alert: back in the spring of 1996, I went and roadied for Zoinks! and on that tour, they played an instore at Music Dimensions and a show at Bricktown Live in Oklahoma City. Mike was at both shows. Crazy right?

Thats crazy you were the roadie for Zoinks!

Do you happen to have an extra copy of the Zoinks!/Whatever - split 12"?

haha, highly unlikely but i can never seem to find one and its worth asking.

the one time i did actually find a copy, i bought it and it got lost in the mail :'(

Guest Admin

the one time i did actually find a copy, i bought it and it got lost in the mail :'(

nice to see that some folks still know who the Zoinks! are. I love that band. I don't have a spare copy of that split. I am surprised it is so hard to find though. If I find another one, I will let you know.

It's probably still in Italy and you will receive it in 5 months.

Guest Admin
Slowride!?! New band? Did Tex mention the name of the band to you Virgil? I was a huge Slowride fan and got to play with them a handful of times as well in an old band of mine.

Mike Kennerty seems like a sweet dude as well!

he did, but I can't remember the name of the band. it was like true widow or killer widow or something like that

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':54r78tk2]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':54r78tk2]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

bricktown live is still around, though in the year i have lived in okc they have only had one decent show.

zoinks! rules too. all i need to complete my collection (i think) is finding some alternate colors of 'well and good', and possibly a few other elusive colors from the dr strange releases. and the better read than dead comp, but i can get that anywhere.

http://www.deadformat.net/tradelists.php?search=zoinks%21&type=haves