Big D/Melt Banana pressing info?

still available where?

I know it seems like the least logical place to check, but perhaps taking a look at the label who released it's website would answer your question... ;)

you mean this isn't the only website out there? RAD! i have a whole world of exploring ahead of me.

in all seriousness, i didn't know the label and didn;t feel like researching.

I didn't even know this existed. I am just a casual fan of both bands. What a weird combo.

that was my opinion on it too, it's a weird combo. i love melt banana and used to love big d (new album = terrible, older stuff was all gold). still though, nothing will ever beat the 4 times i've seen Big D at metro in wilkes-barre, a tiny ass club with about 600 people trying to get into a place that holds 225 tops. the last time i saw big d, almost 800 people came out for it. it was fucking nuts. they turned away a ton of people, someone was pissed and torched the theater being built in town. and Big D played an accoustic set in the alleyway behind the clud the same night. such a good time.

I didn't even know this existed. I am just a casual fan of both bands. What a weird combo.

that was my opinion on it too, it's a weird combo. i love melt banana and used to love big d (new album = terrible, older stuff was all gold). still though, nothing will ever beat the 4 times i've seen Big D at metro in wilkes-barre, a tiny ass club with about 600 people trying to get into a place that holds 225 tops. the last time i saw big d, almost 800 people came out for it. it was fucking nuts. they turned away a ton of people, someone was pissed and torched the theater being built in town. and Big D played an accoustic set in the alleyway behind the clud the same night. such a good time.

A couple of my friends went to that show and didn't get in. They said the acoustic set was amazing. I would not have been able to handle that though. I hate overcrowded venues. I can't imagine being at cafe metro with that many people there.

A couple of my friends went to that show and didn't get in. They said the acoustic set was amazing. I would not have been able to handle that though. I hate overcrowded venues. I can't imagine being at cafe metro with that many people there.

i don't remember if it was that night, but one time i was there you couldn't move inside. you couldn't breathe hardly. and it was 85 outside that night. inside, everyone was sweating their balls off and big d and the other bands were showing the crowd with water the whole time, and the walls were soaked from all the humidity inside. i actually think that was the Skalloween show with Bob and the Sagers (now the Menzingers) and Slightly Askew. that was the funnest yet most uncomfortable show ever. i lost about 10 lbs that night in sweat, and i'm a underweight person as it is.

i love metro though. that club was like my home for the 2 years i lived out there, and anytime i go out there i stop in and see Kev, Donald, and Matt. there needs to be a place like that in every town. small little dive that gets huge touring bands in and shows are almost never more than $10.

that album did nothing for me. it's totally different than their other stuff, and i wouldn't call it progress in the least. my one friend from philly, before she became a cunt and stopped talking to me (long story), used to be their biggest fan i knew and her old band played with them several times. she hated strictly rude.

however, the Brain Failure split was still good i thought.

basically it involves us fucking last year over spring break, then a few months later she joined a new band and i'm guessing decided she was too good for me or something and totally stopped talking to me after being friends for close to 3 years. she wouldn't answer her phone and deleted me on aim/fb/myspace out of nowhere, and we still talked all the time after it happened. out of nowhere she removed me from everything and never even gave a reason why. after that i decided for certain that 99.9% of women are evil cunts.

basically it involves us fucking last year over spring break, then a few months later she joined a new band and i'm guessing decided she was too good for me or something and totally stopped talking to me after being friends for close to 3 years. she wouldn't answer her phone and deleted me on aim/fb/myspace out of nowhere, and we still talked all the time after it happened. out of nowhere she removed me from everything and never even gave a reason why. after that i decided for certain that 99.9% of women are evil cunts.

+1 for final statement

That's insane. I've seen Big D twice, never got that crowded. I'd be shocked if there were even 50 people at one of the shows.

That's insane. I've seen Big D twice, never got that crowded. I'd be shocked if there were even 50 people at one of the shows.

For some reason ska shows in Wilkes-Barre draw tons of people. I could never figure out why. I've seen some pretty big bands at cafe metro (Strike Anywhere, Cursive, Bane, Fear Before...), and none of them even come close to what a band like Big D would draw there.

i was at the cursive secret show and strike anywhere show off waped. both were sick. fear before, i went once for CTTS and left when FBTMOF started, and once with Evergreen Terrace (first time i saw them, didn't really like 'em. ET was good though.)

ska shows there are nuts. it could be local bands (Slightly Askew, Bob and the Sagets, Argyles), regional bands (SGR, HSFBH, BTMI, ASOB, Rudie Crew) or huge touring bands (Toasters, big d, streetlight, toasters, pietasters) and the place would always be packed. that area has probably the best ska scene in the country for as small as it is.

streetpunk also drew well out there. only problem at those shows was nazi's from allentown would show up and start shit. usually turned ugly fast.