PO: WEATHERBOX "The Cosmic Drama" LP

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

PO: WEATHERBOX "The Cosmic Drama" LP

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/790168655616

From the Doghouse one sheet: "Weatherbox's knotty, post-stoner guitar-rock jams unravelin complex, algorithmic ways that only Brian Warren's warped mind can conjure, summoning the ghosts of indie rock past" says Alternative Press Magazine. The Cosmic Drama is only being released digitally and on high quality colored vinyl."

I read somewhere that you can download half of the album through Alternative Press. Anyone check this out? How is it? Let me know what this sounds like if it is recommended listening. I do like the homage to Kurt Vonnegut with the cover art.

What's everyone's favorite Vonnegut book? Mine is "Galapagos", "Breakfast of Champions" is my 2nd favorite.

Guest Admin
Cat's Cradle, Slaughterhouse Five, Bluebeard.

I have "So it goes." tattoo'd on my wrist.

it has been years since I have read any vonnegut, I should dust off my old books and re-read them all.

everything was beautiful and nothing hurt. such a great sarcastic line. i recommend weatherbox, they're pretty much a more stoned out say anything meets socratic's lunch for the sky album. "trippin' life fantastic" from weatherbox's first record is a good starting out song, you get a pretty good idea of what they're about from that song.

The first Weatherbox album is one of my favorite albums of all time, but from the shitty cassette rip I have of this album, it sounds like a self indulgent, drug induced piece of crap.

Oh, that doesn't sound good... American Art is amazing, I hope this one is at least half as decent.

The first Weatherbox album is one of my favorite albums of all time, but from the shitty cassette rip I have of this album, it sounds like a self indulgent, drug induced piece of crap.

Actually he quit doing drugs, so it can't really be a drug induced piece of crap. you should give it a listen when he releases the actual mixes. You are in for quite a surprise.

• 3 months later...
Guest lacesout

this does NOT hold a candle to American Art, but i really like it nonetheless. the acoustic songs don't hold my attention but as always, the electric guitar riffs are tight. RECOMMEND! and the blue vinyl i have looks awwwwwwwwwwwesome. dunno if you're getting the same color, but you should

I think my opinion will not be popular here, but i think this Weatherbox album is a way better than the first one, American Art was an embarassing Criteria ripping off (the first songs was ridicolously a Criteria song)..

I think Cosmis Drama is more personal, maybe not totally focused, but a way better than teh first one. I will order it as soon as possible...

I think my opinion will not be popular here, but i think this Weatherbox album is a way better than the first one, American Art was an embarassing Criteria ripping off (the first songs was ridicolously a Criteria song)..

I think Cosmis Drama is more personal, maybe not totally focused, but a way better than teh first one. I will order it as soon as possible...

i agree

Pay for music

why pay for the album again when already own it on vinyl and just would like to listen to it in my car or ipod?