do people buy cassette tapes still?

...or more to the point, how much would you buy a cassette tape for from a band in this day and age? it would be a 4-track e.p and come with an mp3 download, and the coloured cassette would be all spraypainted and shit. plus it would have a little lyrics insert.

is £3 (€3.5, $5) too much?

professionally duplicated and not just done on my tape deck! ;)

sweet this is all good to hear!

i want to do some sort of tape series to get some music out there because vinyl is too rich for me right now. this is the first band i wanna get onboard, i think they fuckin rock! (especially if you're a fan of GLASS AND ASHES and HOT WATER MUSIC)

http://www.myspace.com/okpilot

playing fest this year again too!

I only have a hand full of tapes, most of them i have had since middle school, Although i have bought a couple recently. I picked up the Iron Chic tape before there was a CDr to support them and so i had a physical copy. I also bought All - Mass Nerder as my contribution to a road trip fund as my mates bus only has a tape deck.

£3 sounds more than fair to me. and i would definitely pick one up from Ok Pilot.

Guest markovianprocess

I'd definitely pay £3 for a cassette, in fact anything up to £5 I'd consider an impulse purchase. Anything above that and I'd start to reconsider. Sounds like a great plan though. We need more releases from a label like yours! Oh, and that Iron Chic tape is awesome.

I'd definitely pay £3 for a cassette, in fact anything up to £5 I'd consider an impulse purchase. Anything above that and I'd start to reconsider. Sounds like a great plan though. We need more releases from a label like yours! Oh, and that Iron Chic tape is awesome.

thanks! i'm really excited to be working with british bands right now...there are some awesome tunes being made by this kingdom and the word needs to be spread!

tapes? i know some bands still press them but really? i guess this is my question: why choose tapes over mp3's, cd's or vinyl? they definitely dont sound better.

the tape will come with the MP3s available as a download, so the best of both worlds. plus they are very cheap to produce professionally so in turn you can sell them for cheap!