Boston cops, F-T-W!

This area has been a powder keg ready to blow since the whole Gates thing started. This cop is obviously racist and writing that letter was incredibly stupid, but I don't think his use of that one phrase means that any minority on the Boston police force or in the city has to worry that every white officer is a racist.

I completely agree. My beef with cops regarding this incident has been the officers union bullheadedly refusing to admit any wrong doing. I get that you have to stand by your man and shit, but you arrested a guy, in his house, and released him without charge 24 hours later. That's a mistake, clear and simple. Maybe not racism, but a mistake.

As for this guy, yeah, it's an isolated incident that isn't indicative of other officers but it's an insanely stupid move and it opens a dialog for race that is too often swept under the rug with, "racism doesn't exist anymore".

Just another case of one moron making everyone else look bad. People that say fuck the police are stupid. People that think all police are racists are stupid.

Maybe.

But this isn't really about one comment or one incident. This is about institutionalized racism. This is about hegemony based on class and race. This is about the [very] striking difference between the historical, collective experience folks of color have with cops and the experience whites have with them.

Anyone white person that says they aren't racist isn't being honest with themselves or anyone else. Anyone who claims that reverse racism exists in any shape or form is a fucking moron.

Jesus fucking christ, the way the media has been spinning this, you'd think Fanon, Baudrillard, or DuBois never fucking wrote a word in their life.