Flexi's?

I just think they're fun...i don't care that they have lesser sound quality...I run my label because it's fun to release records. period.

so if I could do some goofball 7" series for a fraction of what it'd cost compared to doing a real 7" pressing and then pass the savings on to the people buying them, why not?

I just think they're fun...i don't care that they have lesser sound quality...I run my label because it's fun to release records. period.

so if I could do some goofball 7" series for a fraction of what it'd cost compared to doing a real 7" pressing and then pass the savings on to the people buying them, why not?

That's the major problem, they are cheaper to make, but to be profitable for the pressing plant, you had to press them in huge quantities. It ended up being more expensive to press a flexi than a 7".

I have a C.R. flexi that came with the 7" when you pre-ordered it. Cool as hell, but definitely not the best sound quality.

REALLY? would you want to part with it?

Eric, I would LOVE to help you out there bro, but I just can't part with it. It's too much fun to have.

If I see another copy floating around, I'll grab it for you though!

I bought a couple of the clear get up kids one off ebay too - there not really any way to actually play them without damaging the centre, cause the hole isnt quite wide enough. since it is so light, it dosnt really grip the turntable, and if it so much as touches the pin in the middle it stops spinning or at least slows down. anyway flexi records sound pretty horrible - they are just for collecting i guess.

I managed to play one by sitting it on top of a regular 7" with a tiny bit of double sided tape underneath.

I think those GUKs ones are from Russia or Poland or somethin...