WANTED: BRAND NEW Deja Entendu 2xLP

cadetapplesauce

I've been so frustrated with the insane prices that this goes for and annoyed with the people that just flip this record for major profits that I decided to email Triple Crown. I informed them of the ridiculous prices that it constantly sells for on ebay and told them they're crazy if they don't do another repress. The demand for this is so high right now and they won't have a problem selling them. I received the following response:

"Thanks for the email, we are planning on doing a repress, working with the band when it will be coming. Didn't know it was going for that much on ebay, that's crazy. As soon as we firmed up a date we'll get the word out."

Great news!

I've been so frustrated with the insane prices that this goes for and annoyed with the people that just flip this record for major profits that I decided to email Triple Crown. I informed them of the ridiculous prices that it constantly sells for on ebay and told them they're crazy if they don't do another repress. The demand for this is so high right now and they won't have a problem selling them.

You do know that this record was available for quite a while, both presses, yeah?

It's cool that it's being repressed, for those who don't have it, but I'm pretty surprised someone would actually e-mail the label for the above reasons. Things going out of print is just part of collecting.

Adam's correct. OOP is just part of the collection. I remember my friend buying YFW @ hot topic for like 11 bucks. Seriously.. And now just because the band is big with a shiton of fans doesn't mean that they should repress more records.

I hate represses. It's cool that more people get a chance to own a record they really want, but at the same time it sucks for the person who's been vividly collecting these records. The rarity of the item is loss. I felt the same way when they first repressed Deja Entendu. I still have the first pressing and it's basically worth nothing because of that 'hidden box in the back' crap that they pulled. The prices go up and down because of the demand and nothing else. There's nothing like going to a random record store to find that oop record you must have at retail price.

Yes, I know this was available for a while and I was so close to buying it back then but I didn't pull the trigger. Now I kick myself all the time and I know a lot of other people missed out on it too.

Sorry...I understand what you guys are saying and I'm sure most people will side with you but I guess I just look at vinyl collecting differently. I don't really care if I own any rare OOP records or how much they're worth...as long as I can listen to my favorite records on vinyl I'm happy.

Adam's correct. OOP is just part of the collection. I remember my friend buying YFW @ hot topic for like 11 bucks. Seriously.. And now just because the band is big with a shiton of fans doesn't mean that they should repress more records.

I hate represses. It's cool that more people get a chance to own a record they really want, but at the same time it sucks for the person who's been vividly collecting these records. The rarity of the item is loss. I felt the same way when they first repressed Deja Entendu. I still have the first pressing and it's basically worth nothing because of that 'hidden box in the back' crap that they pulled. The prices go up and down because of the demand and nothing else. There's nothing like going to a random record store to find that oop record you must have at retail price.

Represses help everyone. The label, the band, the fans.

If you're worried your 1st press or whatever will be devalued from a repress then it seems like you're just collecting for profit. Represses help the band and label make money and lets the fans get a copy to listen to without having to fork over a ton of cash for something rare. The repress doesnt make that 1st press anymore or less rare. There are still the same amount of 1st press copies.

If you're worried your 1st press or whatever will be devalued from a repress then it seems like you're just collecting for profit. Represses help the band and label make money and lets the fans get a copy to listen to without having to fork over a ton of cash for something rare. The repress doesnt make that 1st press anymore or less rare. There are still the same amount of 1st press copies.

agreed. the only time i'd be bitter about a repress is if i paid a huge amount for the original pressing and it was put up for sale, unannounced, the week after. other than that, i welcome represses.

I can understand what you're coming from when you say it helps the label, band, and fans, but I feel like it's about a collection and the value of your collection. Some things are worth more than others because of the rarity/demand of an album. Some people work hard @ getting that album and it makes your collection special. It's not all about the cash value, it's about the rarity value.

Just as a personal example, I forked over somewhere between $100-$150 in trade value to get deja, which is why it sucks to know about the whole repress thing. If I'd've known, I could care less if it was a 1st press or a repress, it's about having that record in my collection.

Not trying to start an argument, because I feel like both sides are correct. But put yourself in my shoes in spending over $400 in GUK, BN, and JEW records only to find out about the represses. It totally sucks...