Thrice - Beggars

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from Wayne @ Vagrant Records during an email exchange a couple weeks ago:

Yes, we are making vinyl for the new album. It will not be out in time for the actual CD release, but it certainly won’t take over a year either. Stay tuned. I hope to announce LP plans within the next few weeks.

from Wayne @ Vagrant Records during an email exchange a couple weeks ago:

Yes, we are making vinyl for the new album. It will not be out in time for the actual CD release, but it certainly won’t take over a year either. Stay tuned. I hope to announce LP plans within the next few weeks.

after hearing that it could come out anywhere between September 16, 2009 and September 15, 2010 and they will be covered in the under a year window. which is just as good as saying "i have no fucking clue when it will come out."

ive been listening to this album nonstop since tuesday, i keep liking it more and cant wait for the lp release. i will say the incredible wait for the alchemy box made it seem like no time at all before beggars was released. does anyone listen to sylvie? the beginning of "at the last" sounds just like "hit and run". i cant not think of that; its probably the only thing about this album that bothers me. ps, if you dont listen to sylvie, you should.

now i'm wondering what kind of package deals they will have with the LP.

I dunno but I'm weary about the LP. They were still ironing out details on liner notes and artwork earlier this week so there's no way they've begun to press them unless it was in the last day or two. Even then, Cobraside is doing it... haha.

I got the CD and litho too. Looks beautiful.

Guest kevinb

For those of you who haven't listened yet & are doubtful I would really recommend checking this out.

Alchemy index as a whole is quite a bit to take in and sometimes kind of drifts off and gets boring.

Just give this one a chance I don't see why anyone who likes Vheissu wouldn't like beggars.

Yeah the Alchemy Index was a big disappointment with me because it couldn't hold my attention. After years of Thrice being my favorite band, I felt it was a cool experiment but I didn't want Thrice to continue in that direction. I had low hopes for Beggars but it blew my mind. It might be my favorite Thrice album and I love every one of them.

i wasn't a big fan of The Alchemy Index either. it struggled to hold my attention, and once it finally got it the next song completely lost it. it was hit or miss. like someone else said i think Vheissu is a perfect blend between their early stuff and where they are now. i'm also getting tired of the many deadbolt complaints.

• 2 months later...
I asked the merch guy at the Brand New/Thrice show last night about this, he said the band had a test pressing with them and they have given the go ahead to press it.

fantastic, i guess they learned to hold off on the preorder until stuffs in production...

what was their set like? i was thinking about driving a couple hours for this tour, but i feel like theyre not going to play a very long set, and their catalog is pretty large now.