The Ghost - This is a Hospital 12" PREORDER IS UP!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ghost, especially Brian, were cool dudes. My old band did a weekend tour with them and Murder by Death (right when they first changed their name from Little Joe Gould) back in the day. They also made us play a last minute Fireside show with them, Coheed and Cambria, and The Exit. I hadn't heard any of those bands at that point and we were actually supposed to be mixing our album that night. They didn't care, wanted us to play anyway, so we played first, left a pile of free CDs on the back bench, mixed some shit, then came back and got paid probably more than we've ever been paid for a show there (including the sold out show we played with Hot Water Music). Shit was crazy.

Surprised this took so long to find its way to vinyl. Ahh the old days when people actually bought CDs. I wonder if someone will press This Penis: A Weapon(as I like to call it) at some point too.

The Ghost, especially Brian, were cool dudes. My old band did a weekend tour with them and Murder by Death (right when they first changed their name from Little Joe Gould) back in the day. They also made us play a last minute Fireside show with them, Coheed and Cambria, and The Exit. I hadn't heard any of those bands at that point and we were actually supposed to be mixing our album that night. They didn't care, wanted us to play anyway, so we played first, left a pile of free CDs on the back bench, mixed some shit, then came back and got paid probably more than we've ever been paid for a show there (including the sold out show we played with Hot Water Music). Shit was crazy.

Surprised this took so long to find its way to vinyl. Ahh the old days when people actually bought CDs. I wonder if someone will press This Penis: A Weapon(as I like to call it) at some point too.

rad story, love hearing things like this!! and you can stop wondering if This Pen is a Weapon will be pressed, cause it is by Solidarity, its in the works and will be out sometime late this year or early 2010 sometime!!!!! get pumped for that too! This Penis: A Weapon!! haha rad! both hanalei records will get pressed too, ill probally do a gatefold where you get both, one record will be the front, the other the back, with the inside as the inserts!!! yay!!

rad story, love hearing things like this!! and you can stop wondering if This Pen is a Weapon will be pressed, cause it is by Solidarity, its in the works and will be out sometime late this year or early 2010 sometime!!!!! get pumped for that too! This Penis: A Weapon!! haha rad! both hanalei records will get pressed too, ill probally do a gatefold where you get both, one record will be the front, the other the back, with the inside as the inserts!!! yay!!

Love the idea for the Hanalei records

What band???

I was at that show!

The Hanalei record set up sounds amazing. But it should include Hurricane We in some capacity cause that EP was awesome.

bump!

also, for all those who have ordered! these will ship out most likely monday aug 31 or tues sept 1! get pumped folks! if u are in the sf area or can get there, this friday is the reunion show! be there, come say hello, buy the release version! ill most likely be the one going ape shit in happiness cause i get to see the ghost again live!! thanks folks!

Since I'd rather not roll the dice in case they sell out in SFO, if anyone going to the show tomorrow is willing to grab me a release show version PM me, I'd really appreciate it.

For those lucky enough to be going to tomorrow, be sure to let us boardies know how the show is. Dear lord, the CHI show cannot come quick enough.

hey all! this shit is tonight, be there! starts at 9pm, so be there earlier, looks like a ton of folks are coming out! here is some info:

thee parkside in sf

the ghost

the velvet teen

drowning with out anchors

for.the.win.

exclsuive /100 vinyl just for the show with screened covers will be there! so will numbered screened posters! good times indeed! come out and have a blast!and of course say hello!