Bad news op!!! fans

$4000 sounds high. I just rebuilt my trans in a 2000 Chevy 1500 Express with 160,000+ on it for $2500.

Runs like a dream now. Perfect for touring. I will rent it to you for $2000 a month. It's in Chicago, but it has a TV, VCR, second stereo in the back, a high top, and even a gamecube(will put a PS2 in there by request).

Child Bite had to rent a van for their month-long tour because theirs died in Chicago. They got it from Enterprise. Total for 30 days? $2100. No video games. No TV. No Thai hookers. No towing kit. How much do you think it costs to rent a van these days?

I'm half-joking, because it wouldn't make sense for a band from California to rent a van from Chicago, but when you break it down, $2000/30 days = $67 per day. If you can find a full-size van capable of carrying 5 passengers and all of their gear WITHOUT a trailer or probably 8 passengers(plus all gear and shit) if a trailer is used, with unlimited mileage for rent any cheaper than that, I'll eat my hat. Seriously, that's cheap as hell.

Child Bite had to rent a van for their month-long tour because theirs died in Chicago. They got it from Enterprise. Total for 30 days? $2100. No video games. No TV. No Thai hookers. No towing kit. How much do you think it costs to rent a van these days?

I'm half-joking, because it wouldn't make sense for a band from California to rent a van from Chicago, but when you break it down, $2000/30 days = $67 per day. If you can find a full-size van capable of carrying 5 passengers and all of their gear WITHOUT a trailer or probably 8 passengers(plus all gear and shit) if a trailer is used, with unlimited mileage for rent any cheaper than that, I'll eat my hat. Seriously, that's cheap as hell.

Interesting. KW is good people, I know the cat wouldn't rip anyone off, but man I had no idea shit was that expensive. Crazy nuts.

Yeah, I was quoted at $2800 for a brand new transmission for my van but then they said they couldn't even get a brand new one for it and had me do the rebuild instead. $4000 sounds pretty damn high.

Also, I realized that OP is from Texas, not California.

But yeah, mostly I just wanted to point out that $2000 for a month for a van is not bad in the scheme of things. Especially when you consider some of those middling bands with buses are paying somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000 per DAY! You could buy a brand new pimped out van for that kind of money over the course of a month.

its $roughly $3400 but we have to get it towed, and tax and stuff like that. so i rounded up. I'll put a genuine honda transmission in there, because i know it'll last another 150,000 miles.

the problem is Mini vans are meant for hauling people, and sports equipment, not trailers and band equipment for weeks on end.

also thanks everyone for all your nice words and thoughts.