PO: CHUCK RAGAN "Gold Country" LP black vinyl

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

CHUCK RAGAN "Gold Country" LP black vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/sd403-1

For most of us the phrase Gold Country evokes memories of the 49ers who flocked to California by boat and covered wagon in order to seek fortune for themselves and their families. Chuck Ragan’s latest disc may be coming out a few lifetimes after the gold rush of the mid-nineteenth century, however there’s a timeless quality to the album that embodies the hope and hard work that helped define that period in the American consciousness. That has a lot to do with the fact that there’s nothing preconceived about Gold Country. It’s simply the sound of a talented songwriter doing what his kind has been doing for centuries: playing simple songs alongside a close group of friends not for hope of financial gains, but because he literally has no other choice.

This is my favorite Chuck Ragan album! The songs are so good; I have been a big fan of his earlier albums but this one is tops for me. There are some great guest musicians on the album from Austin Lucas to the Anderson Family Bluegrass band.

This album was pressed on 500 color, 1,000 on black, but let me warn you now that the 100 copies we are getting in will sell super quick. Right now, the only place to get Chuck's new album is through Chuck's merch page, our site, and when the Revival Tour begins.

when "Good Enough For Rock And Roll" came on I got goosebumps and a huge smile...that song seems to be about the Birmingham date (which was the second to last date on the tour) of the Revival Tour last year. Hearing a Chuck song about Birmingham, Highway 20, and the Cahaba River was a weird and excellent surprise.

I like Every song but one on this record. And that one I think is The Trench....I can't get into it. Everything else is fucking great....I think I like it better than Bristle Ridge. I will give it a few more listens and see if the Trench changes. I only listened to this record 1 1/2X so far.

I like Every song but one on this record. And that one I think is The Trench....I can't get into it. Everything else is fucking great....I think I like it better than Bristle Ridge. I will give it a few more listens and see if the Trench changes. I only listened to this record 1 1/2X so far.

I think I might agree with you on it being better than Bristle Ridge.

when "Good Enough For Rock And Roll" came on I got goosebumps and a huge smile...that song seems to be about the Birmingham date (which was the second to last date on the tour) of the Revival Tour last year. Hearing a Chuck song about Birmingham, Highway 20, and the Cahaba River was a weird and excellent surprise.

yeah, i saw him play this song in columbia, s.c. a couple months back...he said that he wrote it on the way from b-ham to columbia ...it was actually kinda funny cuz he brought tim barry up to play it with him and assumed that tim would remember the song and he absolutely didn't but he did the best he could