AOTU Single Series 41,42,43 (Noise By Numbers,Stym

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

NOISE BY NUMBERS "Single Series Volume 43" 7"

STYMIE "Single Series Volume 42" 7"

SLOANE PETERSON "Single Series Volume 41" 7"

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&sku=VCAOTU07

I can't say it often enough; this is such an amazing 7" series. Talk about D.I.Y. methods to produce records, this series was done in such a smart manner. The records are on black vinyl, the covers remain the same except for a rubber stamp mentioning the artist and the number in the series. And Alex from Art of the Underground has a knack for finding incredible bands before most people have any clue about them. Take for example #41,#42, and #43 which includes what I think is the first release by Noise By Numbers a great new Chicago band with Danny Vapid. I am not familiar with Stymie or Sloane Peterson, but from the descriptions fans of Screeching Weasel, the LIllingtons, and Toys that Kill will love these records. We only got 10 of each and only 350 of each were pressed.

Thanks AOTU for having us involved with these records.

Sounds like a HGTV show "DIY Done Right"

But that sucks they never sent you your record. Did you get a hold of them?

If you're referring to me, yeah, I shot an e-mail back when this year started, and he said it'd come with the next set of 7"'s. It's just been so long since the last ones arrive, that I hope it wasn't forgotten ;D (I bought the record along with my subscription, but he forgot to send the 7" with the subscription once it started. No biggie, didn't mean to sound bitter or anything.)

Stymie rules. I saw them last year in Austin and they were incredible.

The AOTU 7" didn't do much for me...but the production was pretty bad.

I haven't spun the AOTU 7" yet but their recordings are all pretty bad. They're low budget DIY recordings, I wouldn't expect much. Although I do enjoy high-fidelity records I do appreciate and respect a band that still does it themselves.

i'd like to see a picture of the complete AOTU single series laid out in order.

I've got years 2, 3, and 4 but I refuse to take a pick before I find year 1.

There's only 2 of them that I need, and they are Ringers and Lemuria. Anyone wanna trade one for an extra Monikers that I have?