Grizzly Bear, Animal Collective, TV on the Radio

sgoodcore

hope to snag this on the clear purple version /200. Mexican Summer only did a preorder for 50 and thats long gone :(

dude i totally saw it up, thought "i'll preorder this evening" and it was gone. I'm sure the closer we get to the release date, the more opportunities there will be to buy it. It's great ep, albeit short (17 minutes). Also the way the songs end sound very...amateur? The songs are great but it's like he just pressed stop and they end abruptly.

Also I had high hopes for the new atlas sound. Walkabout is such a great song, but the rest of the album felt very...slow and whispery. Though i only listened to it once. Should probably listen to it more than 10 times to fully review it.

Also I recommend the smith westerns.

Yeah the song endings are strange. There must be a reason he did it that way. who knows?

I imagine that the vocals would be absolutely horrifying live.

Just checked it out- oh god, yes they are.

I thought they were pretty good live. I saw them at an Apple store and I was in the way back, so I couldn't really see them, so I just focused on the music.

I didn't watch them at Lolla, but everyone who did raved about them.

Japandroids - Post Nothing

I have no idea why people on this board are not flipping their shit of Japandroids. They sound exactly like what the Fest crowd would love, just lo-fi.

They will learn grasshopper...Japandroids is backed, as well as most of the other bands (at least the ones I have heard). Islands is great, and I believe features member(s) of The Unicorns.

I imagine that the vocals would be absolutely horrifying live.

Just checked it out- oh god, yes they are.

I thought they were pretty good live. I saw them at an Apple store and I was in the way back, so I couldn't really see them, so I just focused on the music.

I didn't watch them at Lolla, but everyone who did raved about them.

I watched a youtube video and the vocals were practically the same as the disc.

Even after all the complaining about the vocals, I still think they are a pretty awesome band.

and for anyone who hasnt checked out Japandroids yet, you probably should.

finally listening to that new Pains of Being Pure at Heart EP and loving it.

I've listened to it once and thought it was great. Now i'm just waiting for islands and monsters of folk to leak.

also the new girls album was pretty good. It doesnt meet the expectations of the hype, but still it's good.