Muse leaked...

The more I hear and see of this band, the less I like them. They come off like supreme douchebags in interviews, too.

My thoughts exactly, up to absolution all their records have been brilliant, Black Holes was good too but they were getting pretty full of themselves. I suppose the budgets for their records have been steadily getting bigger and bigger and allowing them to self indulge more and more. They are dicks from what i've heard, but they hardly do any press anyway as they really don't need to in order to sell records.

Out of curiosity, how big are they in the states? Over here they're fucking massive like 85,000 seater stadium massive.

The more I hear and see of this band, the less I like them. They come off like supreme douchebags in interviews, too.

My thoughts exactly, up to absolution all their records have been brilliant, Black Holes was good too but they were getting pretty full of themselves. I suppose the budgets for their records have been steadily getting bigger and bigger and allowing them to self indulge more and more. They are dicks from what i've heard, but they hardly do any press anyway as they really don't need to in order to sell records.

Out of curiosity, how big are they in the states? Over here they're fucking massive like 85,000 seater stadium massive.

They're nowhere near as big in the US as they are in the UK, however their popularity has steadily been on the rise -- they generally play 2,000-3,000-seat theaters over here.

They're nowhere near as big in the US as they are in the UK, however their popularity has steadily been on the rise -- they generally play 2,000-3,000-seat theaters over here.

yeah that's what i thought, it's just i saw that they're playing Giants Stadium on their US tour and was quite surprised.

I never liked these guys, could never get in to them and i always had a felling they were pretentious douches, but then i saw them at reading in i think 02 and they blew me away. Still one of my most memorable/favourite gig experiences. They just make so much sound for a 3 piece its incredible. it sounds cheesy, but it was seriously almost magical (although this could of had something to do my not so sober state). I think they peaked when they released Bliss though everything since seems to get worse.

I never liked these guys, could never get in to them and i always had a felling they were pretentious douches, but then i saw them at reading in i think 02 and they blew me away. Still one of my most memorable/favourite gig experiences. They just make so much sound for a 3 piece its incredible. it sounds cheesy, but it was seriously almost magical (although this could of had something to do my not so sober state). I think they peaked when they released Bliss though everything since seems to get worse.

I saw them at reading that year too, they were great, that was when they threw a load of huge inflatable balls into the crowd, right? The show at Wembley Stadium was pretty incredible too and the live dvd/record HAARP was great, probably the best live dvd i've ever seen. But yeah, this record sucks.

yeah that's what i thought, it's just i saw that they're playing Giants Stadium on their US tour and was quite surprised.

Those shows are with U2, I believe.

I saw them at reading that year too, they were great, that was when they threw a load of huge inflatable balls into the crowd, right? The show at Wembley Stadium was pretty incredible too and the live dvd/record HAARP was great, probably the best live dvd i've ever seen. But yeah, this record sucks.

That DVD is insane. Last year on the AP Tour, the Matches (whose bus I rode on) watched that thing every single day. So epic.

I don't think this record sucks, but it sure as hell ain't no Absolution.

That DVD is insane. Last year on the AP Tour, the Matches (whose bus I rode on) watched that thing every single day. So epic.

Yea that DVD rules, I still need to see these guys live.

Ive never heard one person say anything bad about their live performance and that live DVD is awesome and I saw something else on HBO years ago showing a live show and that was great too.

I just got a copy of the record today so I'll have to give it a listen but after reading this thread Im a little less excited about it.

Yea that DVD rules, I still need to see these guys live.

Ive never heard one person say anything bad about their live performance and that live DVD is awesome and I saw something else on HBO years ago showing a live show and that was great too.

I just got a copy of the record today so I'll have to give it a listen but after reading this thread Im a little less excited about it.

I'd definitely recommend seeing them live. Matt Bellamy is a genius on guitar.

It just seems like it's bloated, overproduced cock rocky bullshit to me now. I loves me some Origin of Symmetry and Absolution, but everything since then is too arena-rocky and suffers from that same horrid overcompressed too-loud shitty sound that makes a lot of modern recordings sound like dogshit.

I read an interview with them in Spin (yeah, I read it for free at work sometimes, sue me) that made me think they're huge tools. Aside from making utterly moronic comments about the Beatles (why even bother talking about them at all?)they talk about being the "biggest band America knows nothing about" and wanting the same kind of arena success they see at home here.

Let's forget whatever validity there might be to the former statement... what they are talking about is almost absurd to suggest in this climate. Sure, you want to be huge? Fine. Try for it. But the only "rock bands" that are actually that big in this country any more are MOR pop-rock crossover acts. Things aren't like they used to be here. The market is a little more fractured. What they're talking about is wanting to be Green Day.

Also, they referenced "Loose Change" as explanation for their personally held 9/11 theories. So...they lose.

i can vouch for them being dicks. I had a photopass which I had obtained through their publicist to shoot them when they came through minneapolis, and once I got to the show - their manager told me that the band didnt want any photographers that night.

I've done many bands and the only other time I've had something like this happen was with Manson; his manager told me that I couldnt shoot him straight on because Manson doesnt like it. So I had to shoot his profile for the songs I was given.

i can vouch for them being dicks. I had a photopass which I had obtained through their publicist to shoot them when they came through minneapolis, and once I got to the show - their manager told me that the band didnt want any photographers that night.

I've done many bands and the only other time I've had something like this happen was with Manson; his manager told me that I couldnt shoot him straight on because Manson doesnt like it. So I had to shoot his profile for the songs I was given.

You can add Tool to that list, photographers get the usual three songs and no flash but Maynard stands at the back of the stage during those three songs on purpose and the band use almost no stage lights during that time either. In the three years i've been working for a mag i've not seen a decent shot of Tool live.