A Photographic Journey Through My Wants List

danthemjfan23

i mostly know what these are worth so i won't fuck around with you. if you have any of these things, reply here or PM me and we can go from there. anybody who has dealt with me in the past can tell you i'm easy to do business with. the alkaline trio and slapstick stuff at the top are my MAJOR WANTS. everything else is just listed here for record keeping (pun sooooo intended).

since there are rules for how many images you're allowed to have in one single post, i've updated the back end of this thread with the complete listing of what i'm looking for. however, in this first post, i'll keep my MAJOR wants. please click through the entire thread if you want to see the pictures for everything else. but here's the list:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alkaline Trio - Demo Tape

3953807735_91472cb2a2_o.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alkaline Trio - FYLO-era Tour Tape

3953807805_7fe5806eaa_o.jpg

Slapstick - Demo Tape #1

tracklisting is:
nate b ... my way ... stanley ... the punx ... the geek ... alternative radio

Slapstick - Superhero 7" - kids boxing cover with NO "superhero e.p." written on the bottom left corner - black vinyl

5369558512_84fc30353e_b.jpg

Slapstick - Crooked 7" - original cover with "cooked e.p." written on the bottom and "slapstick" across the top

4945794928_95eff86980.jpg

Brand New - Jude Law and a Semester Abroad 7“

spacer.png

Jawbreaker - Demo Tape #2 from August, 1989

tracklisting is:

1) Driven, 2) Imaginary War, 3) Swallow/Gutless, 4) Want, 5) Fantastic Planet, 6) Fantastic Planet, 7) With or Without U2

spacer.png

Jawbreaker - Unfun (first pressing, but don't care if it's a black copy, a clear copy, or a blue copy)

spacer.png

Nirvana - MTV UnPlugged in New York (first pressing on white would be cool, but i'm fine with whatever)

spacer.png

Saves The Day - Can‘t Slow Down (first pressing would be cool but really i don't care)

spacer.png

Saves The Day - I‘m Sorry I‘m Leaving (don't care what color)
spacer.png

Saves The Day - In Reverie

this is my favorite Saves The Day record, so i'd prefer to get this one first over the other ones if you've got them all and are open to selling/trading. just fyi.

spacer.png

Jack Kevorkian and The Suicide Machines - The Vans Song 7”

spacer.png

and cassettes of any Alkaline Trio, Slapstick, Flowers, Tuesday, or Jerkwater albums

if you have any of these, please let me know. also, i'm looking for ANY memorabilia by any of the four bands i just mentioned. setlists from shows (even if you don't want to give it up, if you have one i'd love to know the date it's from and what the songs are), photos from live shows, fliers... ANYTHING. if you've got stuff, i want it. thanks so much, everybody.

-dan

p.s. obviously, since this is my wants list, none of these pictures are of records i own. i just stole them all from the internets. so, if i used a picture you took and you want me to take it down, i will. not trying to be a thief, just trying to make things easier for everybody since sometimes seeing the picture jogs their memory that they've got something in their collection.

Edited by danthemjfan23
crossed some stuff off my wants list!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha thanks guys.

yu: this room used to be where my mom kept her Coca Cola collection. originally, the felt on the billiards table was green (the way it should be), but we got it re-covered in red to match the room. she has since moved her collection someplace else, and luckily for me and my alkaline trio collection, the red still matches.

yeah, i've got a stack of about 20 more that i need to frame/find room for. i've got about 10 other ones hanging up in my bedroom, and there's no more room in there. i'm trying to keep it limited to those 2 rooms in my house, but that means there's stuff i can't hang up because there's only so much wall space.

i don't have the money to buy frames for all of them anyway, though, so it's probably for the best that i don't have room for 20 more. if i did, i'd spend money i don't have just so i could frame/hang them all up.

the world works in mysterious ways...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

^^ yeah dude, i actually just picked up the Paul Frank wallet off of eBay. i've been wanting one forever and finally had enough scratch to pony up for one.

this is the latest addition to my poster collection:

[image]

i bid on it last year some time on eBay and i'm pretty sure the seller was having a buddy bid it up because i had placed my bid earlier in the final day of the auction (i normally snipe, but i was going to be gone when the auction was set to end) and when i came back that night, there had been 5 bids in the final 20 seconds all by the same member who eventually outbid me. however, i also had a "second chance offer" due to a non-paying bidder waiting in my inbox that very night as well. it seemed a little too shady to me so i declined. that had been the only time i had ever seen one for sale anywhere, until about a week ago i found one on a random poster collectors' forum i ran across. i shot the guy an offer (WAYYY lower than what i had bid last year) and he accepted. i was uber-pumped.

my next poster to cross off is this bad boy (or girl, i guess):

[image]

i've actually won this poster on eBay on 3 separate occasions, and still don't own a copy of it. the first seller about 3 years ago claimed to have sent it, but it never arrived. the second seller about 2 years ago straight up told me after i won the auction for $9.99 as the only bidder "this didn't sell for enough money, i'm not sending it." and finally about 2 weeks ago i won it again for like $15 ppd and the seller sent me a message a few days later saying he searched all over his warehouse and couldn't find it anywhere. i have actually bought a few things from him in the past, so i know he's a good dude, it's just the fact that this poster keeps slipping through my fingers. it's becoming my white whale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...