A Photographic Journey Through My Wants List

danthemjfan23

holy shit -- those early slapstick photos are awesome!!

i've got a few more somewhere. i wish i had a lot more. i'm always on the lookout for old pictures, setlists (not even necessarily the actual pieces of paper... just confirmation of what they played) and fliers. if you ever come across anything, i'd love to see it/them!

• 4 months later...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

The photos of slapstick in the 1st post were taken by me at the first set of their reunion show. I also have at least 3 videos of them live. Their real last show at the metro, a show in Madison(?) not sure about that. And a set they played in grand rapids michigan that I shot myself where they also played alternative radio due to our prodding! I have all of the photos from the reunion set somewhere in my basement, and probably more.

Hey Dan, I have the blue marble Remains variant if you're still looking for that.

I also have a few random collectables if you're interested:

-Alk3/Nike SB size 9.5, barely worn, still in box

-Signed copy of Good Mourning, 1st press, framed w/3 picks (I believe 2 of Matt's & 1 of Dan's)

-Derek's signature stick (from last years tour w/Cursive)

-Blood Pact poster, signed by all 3 @ Occult Roots tour

As you are a major collector I'm sure you have some similar items, but I thought I'd put it out there. I believe I have sold to you before (the pics of your Trio room look familiar)

Make me an offer if you're interested in any of these.

I'll PM you as well.

bump because i really fucking want a demo tape.

I like to know how may of these demos(artwork & cassette) are still out there. Your want list has been on here for a year and half and no leads. It's been over 2 yrs since one popped up on eBay(Saw just the cassette once). And started a thread over at the Blood Pact awhile back and no info there either.

The photos of slapstick in the 1st post were taken by me at the first set of their reunion show. I also have at least 3 videos of them live. Their real last show at the metro, a show in Madison(?) not sure about that. And a set they played in grand rapids michigan that I shot myself where they also played alternative radio due to our prodding! I have all of the photos from the reunion set somewhere in my basement, and probably more.

this is fucking awesome! i hope you don't mind me posting them. if you do, let me know and i'll take them down and put something else up.

squish, PMd you back.

neal, i agree. more than anything i just want to know how many originally existed. it's information i've been trying to get for a number of years, and haven't been able to. one day...

yep, i've got them both. thanks, paul. it seems to me that the paper cover would have been the "first press" where they just did them on their own, and that when they got a little bit more popular and got some money behind them, they went to the actual sleeves.

of course, it's also possible that they ordered 500 records and printed up 500 sleeves, but when the records came in they actually received 550 or something, so they just xeroxed some extra ones for cheap. that theory has holes, though, since the paper sleeve (as you mentioned) has the Ransom Note Records logo on it, as well.

nice house!

thanks. i'm in the middle of a move, actually. i'll probably post some new pics when everything is all settled.

that's right, paul. only JFR put out sundials. only 1 time. only 500 copies. from all accounts that i've heard, that's all that will ever happen, as per the band's request.

no worries, bugparade. i'd much rather find them in person if i can. but the ones that are still listed are ones that have been tricky to find. or, if i find them, the person/shop wants like $15 for it, and that's way too much in my opinion. if you ever come across any other copies, though, let me know :)

bump because i just added this poster to the list:

[image]

before i only used this thread for my major vinyl wants, but i've posted some odds and ends in here over the past year and almost always wound up getting them. so from now on, basically anything i'm looking for will be added to the first post. you know, for those of you scoring at home.