Crazy limited Lawrence Arms 7" at Red Oktoberfest!

redscare

Hey Folks, I just wanted to give all you vinyl enthusiasts a heads up about a special 7" The Lawrence Arms are giving away at their 10th anniversary show in Chicago next month.

The first 100 people in line for their show will get a limited version (only 100 made!) of their new 7" EP on Fat. Their show is part of our 4th Annual Red Oktoberfest which you can read about here:

http://tr.im/xF5G

4th Annual Red Oktoberfest in Chicago!

"Fest" has become a four letter word, has it not? Well, we're already 4 years into this shit, so it's too late now. We put together a pretty kickass weekend full of good bands, good friends, and best of all: free stuff! Here's the lineups, followed by a description of each night's festivities...

Friday, October 23rd at Beat Kitchen:

Off With Their Heads

The Copyrights

La Plebe (from SF)

Smalltown (from Sweden)

Reaganomics (members of Ryan's Hope)

Saturday, October 24th at Metro:

*The Lawrence Arms 10th Anniversary Show*

The Lawrence Arms

The Menzingers

La Plebe

Mike Park

Sunday, October 25th at Beat Kitchen:

*The Lawrence Arms 10th Birthday Party*

The Emergency Room (Dan Andriano of Alkaline Trio)

The Sidekicks

Mike Park

Friday at Beat Kitchen: What're Off With Their Heads and Smalltown doing on this show, you ask? Well, they're great bands, asshole! They also have contributed songs to our Swingin' Utters tribute, so there!

Saturday at Metro: The Lawrence Arms are playing their 10th anniversary show and will be joined by some Red Scare faves: The Menzingers and La Plebe! The Arms are also giving out 100 copies of a limited pressing 7" that night, but I'm sure you'll hear more about that from them. Or will you?

Sunday at Beat Kitchen: It's a birthday party for The Lawrence Arms and you're invited! Well, not all of you because this is going to be kind of a smallish affair. Headlining will be The Emergency Room, which is Dan Andriano's new "thang". Yes, he's playing Alkaline Trio songs, okay?!?! Sheesh.

Tix for all shows are on sale now! The TLA show and Dan Andriano show are close to being gone though...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also Toby next time you're at one of the German fest (thought you and Brendan go to those in Lincoln square, coulda sworn it was posted somewhere..) I'll get you some beer. I'm usually pulling beer at least one night..

No shit?!?! Yeah, Brendan and I always go to those. I'm a first-Gen Kraut, yo! I couldn't go this year because I work for the Cubs and there was games all weekend. Boooo. Next time though...Mai Fest!

I already got tickets for saturday and sunday. But I have some questions. Will I be able to get tickets to the friday show at the door? And how am I supposed to get into the party mood by standing in line for a few hours before the show.

Yeah, you will almost certainly be able to walk up to that Friday show. Might be cheaper to pre-order if yer getting more than one though.

Party mood? On Saturday? I dunno dude. I will tell you a little secret though. The Red Scare HQ is located exactly 10 feet from Metro. My GF runs Gingerman Tavern and we live above it. Have a friend save your spot in line and come drink with us. There's your party mood.

Also Toby next time you're at one of the German fest (thought you and Brendan go to those in Lincoln square, coulda sworn it was posted somewhere..) I'll get you some beer. I'm usually pulling beer at least one night..

No shit?!?! Yeah, Brendan and I always go to those. I'm a first-Gen Kraut, yo! I couldn't go this year because I work for the Cubs and there was games all weekend. Boooo. Next time though...Mai Fest!

Yeah man sounds cool. Maybe we can catch a beer before that!

Yeah man sounds cool. Maybe we can catch a beer before that!

Indeed. I'm gonna be on tour with TBR and Cobra Skulls for much of October, but I'm always around the bar.

I already got tickets for saturday and sunday. But I have some questions. Will I be able to get tickets to the friday show at the door? And how am I supposed to get into the party mood by standing in line for a few hours before the show.

Yeah, you will almost certainly be able to walk up to that Friday show. Might be cheaper to pre-order if yer getting more than one though.

Party mood? On Saturday? I dunno dude. I will tell you a little secret though. The Red Scare HQ is located exactly 10 feet from Metro. My GF runs Gingerman Tavern and we live above it. Have a friend save your spot in line and come drink with us. There's your party mood.

K, thanks.

If anyone is cool, they should agree to grab me a copy. Costs covered as well as a bit extra for the trouble. Help a Seattle kid out!

As a fellow Washingtonian, I would love to help you out. Problem is, I doubt there's gonna be 1 for even myself! The band wants to really make sure that each of the 100 people that get there first get a 7".

Are you gonna hand them out before the show or do a voucher dealie? Sending limited vinyl into a crowded Metro seems like a recipe for an even more limited edition TLA 7".

I agree with you and I have mentioned this to the band. If I had my way, I would call the game at 15 minutes before doors open, hand them out, and let people go to their cars or whatever. Wise people will use the coat check.