Crazy limited Lawrence Arms 7" at Red Oktoberfest!

redscare

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No shit?!?! Yeah, Brendan and I always go to those. I'm a first-Gen Kraut, yo! I couldn't go this year because I work for the Cubs and there was games all weekend. Boooo. Next time though...Mai Fest!

Yeah man sounds cool. Maybe we can catch a beer before that!

Hey Andy, I'm coming to the show. So we should totally have a beer together as well! :)

I'll be there Sat and Sun. Whats the deal with the TLA DJ set/afterparty on Metro's website?

The first 150 guests to arrive at The Lawrence Arms show at Metro on Saturday, October 24 will receive an invitation to the Official MGD After Show Party with The Lawrence Arms featuring a special DJ set by the band—and a chance to win autographed Lawrence Arms merchandise! Afterparty guests must be 21+over.

Are there gonna be tickets sold to this?

I'll be there Sat and Sun. Whats the deal with the TLA DJ set/afterparty on Metro's website?

The first 150 guests to arrive at The Lawrence Arms show at Metro on Saturday, October 24 will receive an invitation to the Official MGD After Show Party with The Lawrence Arms featuring a special DJ set by the band—and a chance to win autographed Lawrence Arms merchandise! Afterparty guests must be 21+over.

I keep hearing about this but really nothing about it. Metro is always trying to steal the drinkers from Gingerman! I'll figure it out and get back to ya.

Good to hear you're doing multiple shows! You wimps are missing out on the OWTH/Copyrights/La Plebe show though!

I'll assume that your bar is not full of $7 Heineken and pompous j-offs working there, so I'll most likely find myself there before/after as opposed to Metro.

Gingerman is awesome, a must before any show @ metro. I never met anyone working there that wasn't cool. and I'm a few months away from 32, so I've been going there for a while. Great beer selection and an awesome jukebox, that still gives a decent amount of songs for your $. Will definitely be knocking back a few there before the show.

I'll assume that your bar is not full of $7 Heineken and pompous j-offs working there, so I'll most likely find myself there before/after as opposed to Metro.

That is an accurate assumption sir!

We have: a cute dog, Pabst on tap, beer and liquor specials, and a jukebox with Bad Brains, Lillingtons, Social D, Cobra Skulls, Stiff Little Fingers, Copyrights, Clash...you get the idea.

Are you gonna hand them out before the show or do a voucher dealie? Sending limited vinyl into a crowded Metro seems like a recipe for an even more limited edition TLA 7".

I agree with you and I have mentioned this to the band. If I had my way, I would call the game at 15 minutes before doors open, hand them out, and let people go to their cars or whatever. Wise people will use the coat check.

even better, hand out tickets or cards where they can redeem them at the merch table or something, so they can go up and get them whenever they want to (if they decide to leave early, or after the show). just a suggestion.

Toby-

heard something about Chris potentially playing acoustic before the show @ metro. any truth to this? probably just a rumor. Also, TBR on halloween right?

I'm not allowed to disclose if TBR is playing that Halloween show because of their Riot Fest radius clause, but I can answer that question after 10/10.

*wink wink, nudge nudge*

Toby you are an awkward man to talk to at shows though. Ronnys when Cornish Gay Men played, you wanted no part of my drunked conversation I was trying to have with you.

Ha, ummm, did I say something to offend you? Hope not! I was drunk too, ya know! Sheesh, ya put on a cool secret show in a garage with TLA and Cobra Skulls and THIS is what I get, ha!

Okay, so I kinda have the scoop on this. It's NOT going to be at Smart Bar, it's going to be in the balcony of the main room at Metro. I guess the first 150 people in the door who are 21+ get writbands for the after-show.

I am told that it starts like 15 minutes after the show and people get pizza and two free beers! (tip your bartender, you swine)

Hopefully Chris will manning the DJ duties because he's great and Brendan will too drunk to play anything but Priest. It doesn't sound like this is gonna be super tight, so I can probably usher anyone from here up there if they come find me.

if anyone goes to smartbar to hang out at a post show wannabe "exclusive party" instead of going to gingerman is kind of a moron...especially if they have a cover to come in.

I don't even drink and love hanging out at gingerman...one of the better jukeboxes in the city, pool tables if that's your thing...not blaring loud all the time, lots of places to sit...I'm gonna have to say the best bar in the city.

if anyone goes to smartbar to hang out at a post show wannabe "exclusive party" instead of going to gingerman is kind of a moron...especially if they have a cover to come in.

I don't even drink and love hanging out at gingerman...one of the better jukeboxes in the city, pool tables if that's your thing...not blaring loud all the time, lots of places to sit...I'm gonna have to say the best bar in the city.

You forgot to mention my adorable pooch that roams the bar in search of skirts to look up. Little bastard has no class, no couth.

But yeah, smartbar is a real depressing dungeon. It bears mentioning, however, that Fletcher and I went down there last night cuz Moby was DJing! Just for like 5 or 10 minutes, which was the perfect amount of time.

You forgot to mention my adorable pooch that roams the bar in search of skirts to look up. Little bastard has no class, no couth.

But yeah, smartbar is a real depressing dungeon. It bears mentioning, however, that Fletcher and I went down there last night cuz Moby was DJing! Just for like 5 or 10 minutes, which was the perfect amount of time.

that's kinda cool, I totally would love to meet that dude...i bet he has some good stories...plus I could tell him how fucking awesome his Bad Brains cover was on that tribute CD.