Vinyl Collective/SH announces Raffle Ticket idea

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

A few weeks back, I had announced a number of ways to raise some capital at Suburban Home/Vinyl Collective. One of those ideas was a raffle that would entitle one winner to win 40 to 60 Thousand dollars worth of records. While some loved the idea, quite more of you thought that this was just way too many records and this was a threshold impossible to attain. A number of suggestions were suggested and after much thought, I have reconsidered my plan for the raffle.

Staring tomorrow, Friday, October 9th, we will be offering raffle tickets for $3.00. Purchase 2 raffle tickets at once and you will receive a free mp3 download of any Suburban Home Records album that is available from our store digitally. Purchase 10 raffle tickets at once and you will receive 1 free digital album and a $10 gift certificate to the Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home store.

Every week, we will post an update of the amount of money raised through the raffles and each time we hit a threshold of $1,000, we will award

Grand Prize - $500 Gift Certificate in the VC/SH Store

First Prize - $250 Gift Certificate in the VC/SH Store

Second Prize - $125 Gift Certificate in the VC/SH Store

Third Prize - $75 Gift Certificate in the VC/SH Store

Fourth Prize - $50 Gift Certificate in the VC/SH Store

If you do the math, each $1,000 raised will go back out in prizes. You might wonder how we can raise money through the raffle, well, the prices we sell records for in our store has our normal markup. It is like someone spending $1,000 in our store which in this economy doesn't often happen.

To make our lives easier, each winner must use their Gift Certificate in its entirety during one shopping experience.

If you purchase 2 or 10 Raffle tickets, please email Seabron and she will make sure you receive a digital album and/or gift certificate.

thanks guys. I think we are gonna set the number at 334 and so when it sells out, we all know that we need to pick winners and we need to reset it for the next round.

should be fun even though 4,000 records would have been insane to give away

thanks guys. I think we are gonna set the number at 334 and so when it sells out, we all know that we need to pick winners and we need to reset it for the next round.

should be fun even though 4,000 records would have been insane to give away

well if you are that excited about giving away 4000 records, you know my address. ;)

Raffle (anyway we can make money to help with debt) Ticket

talk shit (because I would rather spend my day trying to bring someone else down than do something positive)

will we actually get a ticket in the mail of do our names get entered in a drawing? hows that part work?

it's a virtual ticket, names will be put into a random number generator and will be selected that way

does the gift certificate cover postage as well? Or just the merchandise?

I will work something out with any out of the country folks to cover shipping but the gift certificates normally cover subtotals.

Raffle (anyway we can make money to help with debt) Ticket

I know. These pricks sure are screwing people by using a common fund raising contest format, with reasonably priced tickets, and great prizes for vinyl dorks, with the rules and odds spelled out clearly for those buying, to help pump a little income into the store. What bastards.

Wait, so if somebody wins the $500 gift certificate they have to spend it all at once? That's a bit insane. What if there isn't $500 worth of stuff they want at that time? And by the time there is more stuff they want, some of the old stuff is gone?

There has to be a better way to do that.

this may be a dumb question, but is each drawing just out of those 334 tickets sold for that drawing? like, if i bought some raffle tickets now but didn't win in the first drawing, would i still have a chance for the second drawing or does the pool reset each time?

it resets each time.

Wait, so if somebody wins the $500 gift certificate they have to spend it all at once? That's a bit insane. What if there isn't $500 worth of stuff they want at that time? And by the time there is more stuff they want, some of the old stuff is gone?

There has to be a better way to do that.

they can buy gift certificates if they can't find enough stuff, there are always ways around everything. honestly, it makes our lives easier if they use it at once even if that means buying gift certificates.