vinylcollective houston

Why ya moving to Houston anyway? Austin is so much nicer. Well unless you want ot see bigger acts like Neil Diamond or Van Halen. Other than that, most bands come through here regularly. It's a awesome town to live in, except for the humidity.

Humid in Austin??? I guess it's relative.

I don't see how Houston could be easy to get around when it's the 4th largest city and the only mass transit is bus. I've lived in Austin and Fort Worth and my parents lived in League City (SE of Houston). I think no matter what, your roommates will be sitting in traffic every day. One thing I have noticed about Texas, maybe the country in general, is that the farther north, the more aggressive the drivers.

i live on dairy ashford and westheimer, definitely not a terrible part of town but not super nice either, apartment are pretty cheap around here, i pay $800/month for a 2 bedroom townhome

and i work at westheimer and hwy 6 at the alamo drafthouse cinema (come see a movie when you move here!)

the area you posted in red, definitely a bad area, anything south of bellaire is ghettoooo until you hit sugarland which is pretty nice, don't know much about the area you posted you posted about the apt

probably the best record store is vinal edge, but its pretty far north, near the airport

i live on dairy ashford and westheimer, definitely not a terrible part of town but not super nice either, apartment are pretty cheap around here, i pay $800/month for a 2 bedroom townhome

and i work at westheimer and hwy 6 at the alamo drafthouse cinema (come see a movie when you move here!)

the area you posted in red, definitely a bad area, anything south of bellaire is ghettoooo until you hit sugarland which is pretty nice, don't know much about the area you posted you posted about the apt

probably the best record store is vinal edge, but its pretty far north, near the airport

800 a month is cheap for a 2 bedroom? i almost got a 2 bedroom condo for 450 a month. 1100 sq ft. not really any amenites at all. just cheap and spacious.

instead they wanted a place with all the extra stuff, so we ended up getting one just by sam houston and i-10. basically right where their jobs are. gated area. 3 br. 3 ba. for 599 a month. washer and dryer, 3 pools, tennis courts. 24 hr gym, etc free first month rent.

goddamn this place is cheaper than south dakota even, and thats tough to do seeings how south dakota is one of the cheapest places to live.

this other place we looked at in the same area had 2br + den and 1300+ sq ft. for $573, or 613 with a washer/dryer.

PS. i will come see you at a movie sometime.

PPS. i just looked on google maps. i will be living almost literally right around the corner from you. looks like maybe a mile? at westheimer and hayes. ha! seeings how its your neighborhood you should tell me the good stuff there. I see there is a river just north, does it have a bike trail? or is there one nearby?

whole foods is close. waffle house is close. im all set as far as im concerned. tell me what cool stuff i probably wont know about when i move. then come hang and listen to records. im not gonna know anyone.

800 a month is cheap for a 2 bedroom? i almost got a 2 bedroom condo for 450 a month. 1100 sq ft. not really any amenites at all. just cheap and spacious.

instead they wanted a place with all the extra stuff, so we ended up getting one just by sam houston and i-10. basically right where their jobs are. gated area. 3 br. 3 ba. for 599 a month. washer and dryer, 3 pools, tennis courts. 24 hr gym, etc free first month rent.

goddamn this place is cheaper than south dakota even, and thats tough to do seeings how south dakota is one of the cheapest places to live.

this other place we looked at in the same area had 2br + den and 1300+ sq ft. for $573, or 613 with a washer/dryer.

PPS. i just looked on google maps. i will be living almost literally right around the corner from you. looks like maybe a mile? at westheimer and hayes. ha! seeings how its your neighborhood you should tell me the good stuff there. I see there is a river just north, does it have a bike trail? or is there one nearby?

whole foods is close. waffle house is close. im all set as far as im concerned. tell me what cool stuff i probably wont know about when i move. then come hang and listen to records. im not gonna know anyone.

Congrats it sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal. You're in a really good area too. Enjoy Houston. :)

yeah it was a move in special deal. their normal rate was like 750 or something. but now we got locked into that hella cheap price. which rules! and ill have enough space for the gobs of records. glad to hear its a good area. im getting pretty excited about moving at this point. i sorta just want it to be over and down there already.

record store day blows. There has never been anything released that ive wanted anyway, and it just makes places packed. im sure ill stay away on that day.

BUT!......i will definitely check that place out on other days. seems pretty cool. im about 20 minutes from that place, so not far at all. i love that it has an art gallery there too. will definitely be going there shortly after getting into town.

i move in november. not sure what day, but the apt. there is mine on the 1st. so i could be there as soon as 2 weeks, or i might now go until the end of Nov. depends on how quickly i get my shit together here.

Nice, when do you move? Make sure you find out how close you are to this place:

http://www.myspace.com/cactusmv

Awesome store, they do Record Store Day and everything.

IMO cactus is a lame excuse for an independent store. It's one of those coalition of independent music stores, that basically is a major store, but with a hiper music selection and snottier attitude. I respect some things they do, but i don't like that place for some reason.

Houston is a good place to live, and work. i think you'll like it.

haha well i thought $800 was cheap, my 2 bedroom before that i was paying $950 but that was up in cypress, northwest side.

whats the name of the apts you moved into? my lease is up in february, need to start looking for a new place, sounds like you got a really nice deal.

you'll be super close, thats awesome :) we'll definitely have to hang. not sure about bike trails, i have a friend who i work with that is really into that stuff though i'll ask him for some good spots to ride.

honestly i dont know much about the area, i just drive to and from my apt and work thats really it lol

is your work hiring dude?

the apts i moved into is called westway. the other ones we looked at was westchase which was also great. the only reason we got it cheap was cause there was some move in special or something. its not normally that cheap i guess. but apparently they run move in specials all the time.

christ. how do you afford 950 a month just for rent?